Operation Tamy T1 face lift

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Re: Operation Tamy T1 face lift

Post by Panzermechaniker »

Just read the whole thread. This is a remarkable rebuild and totally puts my complete Tamiya T1 teardown and rebuild in a month project to shame. I went the lazy route and just kept everything basically stock as I wanted it up and running for the start of the battling season but I kind of want to now start with a fresh Tamiya T1 and just spend the time trying to do a lot of the stuff I have learned from reading about your build
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Burger_Patrol1, I am still here, even though you are w-a-a-y beyond using the "ferrule." :haha: Like Panzermechaniker, I am amazed.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Cheers to those who are just following Mr. Burgers work now. I remember when I searched and found this thread a while back, such inspirational work for me. I borrowed many ideas and tried new things like weld beads/seams.

Keep at it Mr. Burger :thumbup:
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Panzermechaniker wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:54 pm Just read the whole thread. This is a remarkable rebuild and totally puts my complete Tamiya T1 teardown and rebuild in a month project to shame. I went the lazy route and just kept everything basically stock as I wanted it up and running for the start of the battling season but I kind of want to now start with a fresh Tamiya T1 and just spend the time trying to do a lot of the stuff I have learned from reading about your build
Hey Panzermechaniker, :wave: No shame in a tear down & rebuild...no mater how long it took you, it's still a lot of work. Only reason mine is taking so long is Life...Keep getting pulled away from my favorite hobby for one reason or another. Thanks for the kind words and I hope some of my info will help you on your next adventure :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:43 pm Burger_Patrol1, I am still here, even though you are w-a-a-y beyond using the "ferrule." :haha: Like Panzermechaniker, I am amazed.
Hey Herr DR. Professor, Hope all has been well with you! Ha, yes I remember the "ferrule" :D Thank you sir for the kind words and I will try and get some more content posted from the build. I will shoot for 2024 being the end date for this T1 Face Lift. :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

MrChef wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:05 pm Cheers to those who are just following Mr. Burgers work now. I remember when I searched and found this thread a while back, such inspirational work for me. I borrowed many ideas and tried new things like weld beads/seams.

Keep at it Mr. Burger :thumbup:
Thanks MrChef, I am so glad some of the technics that i have learned from other peeps and passed on have helped other tankers with ideas for various builds.
Like they always say, your never too old to learn & i am still picking up new ideas all the time. Have a good one :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's

Return to “Tamiya Builds”