Operation Tamy T1 face lift

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Operation Tamy T1 face lift

Post by Ecam »

I bought one a couple years back but it still sits unused except for a couple test prints. They are more of a young man's game, and I like scratch building and coming up with solutions. One of these days I'll sit down and figure out the 3D thing. I need a couple 5 gallon allied gas cans in an unusual size (1/9.25th) that a program that is used with the printer (a slicer) has the ability to enlarge/reduce with ease. There are plenty of free 3D files (build program) and most of the bought ones are very reasonably priced.

edit: Before any one jumps me on the "young man's game" line...
I feel stumped by many of the new fangled gadgets - not nearly as bad as my brother, but similarly.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Hmmmmmm.....Maybe ill stick with scratch building :D
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Been watching for the "Idiots guide to 3D printing'' book, but it's not out yet. Stunning things can be had with that tech. Unlike my brother, I can put the batteries in the TV remote. He still has a black and white manual twist TV.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

:haha: Roger that...
Ecam wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:18 am Been watching for the "Idiots guide to 3D printing'' book, but it's not out yet. Stunning things can be had with that tech. Unlike my brother, I can put the batteries in the TV remote. He still has a black and white manual twist TV.
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Welcome back Mr Burger. Just re-read this, as I had forgotten about it Fantastic work.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Unlike my brother, I can put the batteries in the TV remote. He still has a black and white manual twist TV.
[/quote]

That's not true. The whole reason I had grandchildren was to train them to get up and change the channels for me. Batteries not required at all.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Oh, those kids have batteries...they are just fueled with candy... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

Meter rat wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:21 pm Welcome back Mr Burger. Just re-read this, as I had forgotten about it Fantastic work.
Thank you sir...Hoping to get some good progress in this year :thumbup:
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Welcome back to you and this Build! I feel better knowing I am not alone in the Slow Build Category. I have finally learned the Lesson that Sassgrunt has been trying to teach me about using overly complex scale models to verify Paint and Camo...Also, working one evening and recovering for two is putting a crimp in my Modeling Mojo. Anyway. Mr. Burger_Patrol, still following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Burger_Patrol1
Lance Corporal

Post by Burger_Patrol1 »

PainlessWolf wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:11 pm Good Morning!
Welcome back to you and this Build! I feel better knowing I am not alone in the Slow Build Category. I have finally learned the Lesson that Sassgrunt has been trying to teach me about using overly complex scale models to verify Paint and Camo...Also, working one evening and recovering for two is putting a crimp in my Modeling Mojo. Anyway. Mr. Burger_Patrol, still following along.
regards,
Painless
Hey Painless,
Its good to hear from you. Hope all is well on your end!! :thumbup: Yes, at age 56 I've learned that slow and steady wins the race. Unfortunately i've got the slow part down, but haven't yet figured out the steady part...LoL :haha: One of these days the Tiger will all come back together and then I will have to open a new RC TANK box sitting in my closet that is waiting to be built....If Bitcoin continues to prosper, I can retire early and build 24/7!
Tanks a lot,
Burger_Patrol1
Brea, CA. USA ;D
Tamy T1
Tamy Sand Scorcher
Tamy BlackFoot
Tamy Clodbuster
Static Dio's

Return to “Tamiya Builds”