German Mortar

jarndice
Colonel

Re: German Mortar

Post by jarndice »

Doc, Hi, I have been thinking along the same lines and it might come to that yet,
But the figure is not due before early January so I still have some leeway to continue my search.
And when it does arrive I can probably make one but I won't know what dimensions I will be working with until it does come.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

From another angle
20161220_165531.jpg
20161220_165531.jpg (50.26 KiB) Viewed 5960 times
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

i have one for you will this do ?

it was in my spares box
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Doc, If the head is 1/18 we should be talking and if it is 1/16 we shall be waiting until January if that suits ? :think:
Shaun.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

we will wait shaun.hope you find one.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Do you ever have something happen that makes you want to tell the world and then you go wait a minute, I want this all to myself, This is mine all mine :haha: :crazy:
Well alright but only because it is Christmas,
As you know I ordered a 1/18 figure but I needed a "Schiff" /Side cap. Well there is bad news and good,
First the bad. It is not 1/18 it is 1/16,and it does not have a "Schiff",
Now the good, It is not 1/18 it is 1/16 and It arrived today just 6 days since ordering it instead of the earliest being 3 January,
It came with a Very detailed Motorcycle including a working sidestand and in true German Army fashion a canvas carryall across the bars, a Separate Flak Jacket, A separate Radio, A separate Rifle, A separate Helmet, A packing case ? And the Figure is as fully articulated as you could imagine,
The Head moves, both arms move at the shoulder, and at the elbow and at the wrist, the figure revolves at the waist, The legs move at the Hips and at the knees and at the ankles, the uniform is typical modern faceted pattern but that can be easily painted, the style is typical high open necked collar just like a German pattern jacket complete with belt, and boots and black gloves.
This cost me including FREEPOST £6. 87 Before they get sold out now that I have told you I have just ordered 2 more only with different accessories which includes a soft peaked cap, Total £13.14, I got this from E-BAY by Typing ---

"1/18 Military Figures Modern Soldiers Models Kids Children's Gifts".
(SZDEPOT88)
Shaun.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I was renovating some scenery that is looking the worse for wear after 12 months use, and decided to put some clumps of long grass on it. I suddenly had a thought...paint brush bristles? I grabbed an old brush that I had been using for decorating, snipped a small clump of bristles at a time. and pushed them into holes that had been filled with tile cement. They stand up perfectly as the bristles are stiff.

I'll airbrush them green when the cement has dried. In theory this approach could be used for shorter grass as well, just cement the clumps in, and then trim to length. Cheap as chips to do.
Attachments
IMG_20161222_133720.jpg
IMG_20161222_133708.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

so jarn link to said item ?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Doc Why would I make it easy for you ? :lolno:
I found the place by going to E-BAY and Typing into the search slot the line at the bottom of my Text
"1/18 Military Figures Modern Soldiers Models Kids Children's Gifts"
and that got me to where I needed to be,
If you find a shortcut then go for it !!!
Now I no longer have a 1/18 driver for his staff car BUT I do have a Motorcycle that with almost no work will resemble a German Feld Poitzei machine the almost inevitable result must mean I paint the fellow in Feld Politzei uniform with chain and chestplate and I have a few Steel Helmets that will quickly fit this Nasty policeman.
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have been saying that the figure I received today was not 1/18 as advertised but 1/16,
So belatedly I would like to confirm that I am right,
The overall length is exactly 4 inches/10 CMs from the base of the feet to the top of the head (Without hat).
Shaun.

Return to “Battlefield Accessories & Enhancements”