December Tank of the Month Discussion Thread

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: December Tank of the Month Discussion Thread

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning all,
Today is the last day to submit photos for December TOTM! Come down and lets see what you folks have sitting in your Armor Cabinet!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Considering we have 4,759 members 28 votes for TOTM is pretty piss poor. :thumbdown:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Whilst I agree about the voting levels, it would be interesting to know how many of those 4759 are regular visitors, and of those visitors, how many actively contribute to the forum. Maybe if there was a way of the forum emailing all its members about the TOTM it might inspire more interest.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Tiggr,
There may be as many as 100 'active' members but the number is probably closer to 40 or 50. 'Active' being someone who posts about their builds, submits photos, answers thread questions, etc. The rest of those folks are in the Lurker category and there's nothing wrong with that. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Nothing wrong with Lurkers - I started as one of those. I was just thinking it might be a good way to induce them to take a more active role, even if it's just pressing a button to vote.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

I DON'T CARE ABOUT TOTM BUT I LOVE PICS OF PEOPLE'S MODELS . IT GIVES ME IDEAS AND INTENTIONS ! soz bout caps but i cant be bothered typing again.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I perhaps will be sounding as though I am making excuses, But is it not possible that some at least of the 4000+ who have yet to vote on TOTM is because like me having not ever submitted pictures to the Forum they do not wish to be accused of Humbug by voting on those pictures that have been entered,
My views are well known but others could be asserting that particular British strength of character, Apathy!! :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It would be pretty safe to assume that since the forum started, and this is common to all forums, people buy tanks but then sell them etc. They forget all about the forum and will never post. Some join up to look at posts to solve problems they have etc. I am on various car/motorcycling/pc/Linux/3d Printing forums, but rarely if ever post anything on them.

Painless is probably on the mark, 40 odd members who are active in the hobby, and maybe only look in occasionally.

Emailing the 4000 plus wouldn't really achieve a great deal, those that want to visit do so, those that don't...don't.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

December Tank of the Month's Most Popular Build!

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning and Congratulations to 971 Wright!

...for his stunning scratch build of a working Pershing Bridge Layer. Enjoy the Laurels, Sir, they are well deserved. We'll be looking for another of your builds to grace TOTM 60 days hence.

Thank you every one for contributing and allowing the rest of us to enjoy the fruits of your labors.
...Here for the Dawn...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well done Pete, not only a great model, but engineered to work as it should...which is another skill altogether! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Tank of the Month”