Chris Ludwig Cromwell

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
B_Man
Corporal

Re: Chris Ludwig Cromwell

Post by B_Man »

That is some very nice work. With your skills I'm sure it will look amazing when it's done.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey, just to clarify I bought this as is off a chap called mark Lewis (he has a dbc/benedini on eBay and he mentioned he was selling a Cromwell but hadn't listed it yet). I bought it as shown in the pictures, there's some construction and detailing left but most on my work will be in adding a hidden battle system, installing the electrics and painting and weathering the tank and crew
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Ad Lav wrote:Nice score Tom.

Richard, it's a flat pack kit you have to make.

Look at his website.
I realised it was a flat pack. I have seen the build on the website. My take on this is that it is one thing seeing it built by the person who designed it who has considerable experience, it is something else for it to be built by someone who has probably never built one before..
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
Ad Lav wrote:Nice score Tom.

Richard, it's a flat pack kit you have to make.

Look at his website.
I realised it was a flat pack. I have seen the build on the website. My take on this is that it is one thing seeing it built by the person who designed it who has considerable experience, it is something else for it to be built by someone who has probably never built one before..
That's a fair point Richard, from what I've seen chris stuff goes together well and tends to be well thought out. I can only comment on how the kit looks and it doesn't look a nightmare. The detailing however is very impressive and I think above my skill
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I've been building his Vk4502 kit and had no issues. Also ordered his centurion kit.

You need some skills to make them as no instructions but as Tom says, details are for the individual to add.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Skills? Nobody said anything about having to have skills. I guess that rules me out. ;D
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tankhobbit
Recruit

Post by tankhobbit »

Look like bulldog wheels if you want go metal
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:sick: with envy! I'd rather have a detailed Cromwell than any other tank. It also looks to me as if the builder has done a pretty fair job of work, and chosen virtually all of the options available for it from Chris's website..with the exception of the (approx.) £250 set of alloy wheels. I just love that unmistakable Cromwell turret. The giant rivets make it look like the WW2 inspiration for the Dalek! :haha: :haha:
When I've finished my ill-fated PZ 4 project, it'll be a choice: Tamiya Panther G full option (bought and assembled in stages if poss..to spread the eye-watering costs); or, the Cromwell with all options (also bought and assembled in stages). Which option is most seductive? :think: THE CROMWELL of course, every time...that little Dalek-lookalike minx!
Would it be rude, or churlish to ask what she set you back, Tom?
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

wow nice detail..
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

tankhobbit wrote:Look like bulldog wheels if you want go metal
Bespoke metal and plastic wheels are available but the metal ones are about £300

Return to “Other Builds”