Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I don't want to say this, but the little squeaky voices in my head are making me say it. . . . "It looks wonkey. . . ."
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

That translate from British to English as "not straight"?
Yes you are right, had to file the front down even more. The Shumo barrel has a split tube up front. But that does not work well with the Aber piece. After cutting there was still too much of a bur. Also the barrel id is slightly not matching. So went with a short 6mm od tube as connector. It won't be wonkey in the end.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

From 'British to English" !!.............slang is such a mission to figure out, in any language.
Try cockney-rhyme or guttural Scottish over a hands-free phonecall via satellite in a 4WD ute in the middle of bumhole-nowhere :wtf:
Queensland twang and Louisiana drawl on a rig site in the early hours trying to solve a complex and costly hydraulic failure :crazy: :crazy:
Jeez I wish I had google translate for that !!

As for wonkey, I'm sure once its sanded to match no one should notice the difference.The fitting of these muzzle brakes has certainly added a fine touch to an already excellent series of models.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there. Now found the grey barrel rather boring so gave it a new paint job after assembly of the muzzle brake. Of course some more work is needed to blend it in.Image
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

That looks perfect :thumbup: :clap:

As for cockney rhyming slang, a lot of the outlaws are cockney, love it when they say things like, "me Tilburies slip on me plates when I'm going up me apples." Because they are so used to the slang, they just say the first word that isn't the rhyming one lol.
Tilburies, Tilbury Docks = socks.
Plates of meat = feet.
Apple's and pears = stairs.

But butchers slang (back slang) is the best, especially when they talk fast lol.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks Mick. For the lecture in British slang too ;) Highly appreciated.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Don't make the Camo any more effective than it is already, Soeren...otherwise, you might forget where you left it! :haha:
Ah, yes,... :think: but then there is the fallback TX. That works just like the Car keyfob...for those "I could have sworn I left the car on this road" moments.
All very nicely done, by the way.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks, I have it in the cupboard now and the dark sections make the gun almost disappear, especially from the front. As it has no tracks atm it can't get far ;)
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there, not a 1/16 scale tank but an interesting camo I just tried. I dont want to repaint the big boy, but tempting it is still.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren that is such a nice looking paint job :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Other Builds”