Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Re: Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

Post by cashybai »

Soeren wrote:Ths Mr Rainford. Surgery worked out OK. Almost invisible

Thank heavens for that. Tbh it took me a while to see exactly what was amiss, my brain was saying somethings not quite right, but I couldn't spot it at first. Then I had to do a quick online search to make sure I wasn't being silly.... 8O
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

cashybai wrote:
Soeren wrote:Ths Mr Rainford. Surgery worked out OK. Almost invisible

Thank heavens for that. Tbh it took me a while to see exactly what was amiss, my brain was saying somethings not quite right, but I couldn't spot it at first. Then I had to do a quick online search to make sure I wasn't being silly.... 8O
You are the man of the hour, Mr. Cashybai, I wouldn't have realised my mistake until the figure was already glued and embedded into the Base. That would have been something.
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Soeren wrote:Finally I decided to go back to the dio for the 1/16th scale tank, cut and trimmed some more bricks to do the missing wall section and started to work on a figure to stand beside the tank. It is the Dragon 1/16th scale Tank Commander Kit No 1609

This is my interpretation of a summer Oak Leaf Camo Jacket.

this is hw he stands atm
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/486 ... 00c0_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/486 ... 460c_b.jpg
Spectacular work on the camouflage jacket, Soeren! I'm blown away by the paintwork, absolutely top-tier. 8O
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thank you Raminator :)

And here you go, the most feared part, working on the face. Gosh, I will maybe do some touchups here and there, but mostly keep it as is. Still sweating ;)

Soeren

Post by Soeren »

He is done now, finally. Now back on to the remaining wall and finishing moves on the Dio. Also have to get a new set of tracks before being able to add the JP.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That figure is insanely good !! :clap:
I think one a week is not impossible for you.......get your orders in lads !!!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Wow. That looks great. Too bad I can't send you mine to do the jacket!! :angel:

I am going to re-paint the face on mine, though, so your photos will be very helpful. Right now my guy is way too pasty. :'(

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren stunning work. The realism is impressive :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Any time I’ve ever attempted a face, it looks like it’s a pissed clown on the way to a Mardi —gras that has suffered a stroke !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thank you guys for the kind comments. :wave:

Max that is a nice selection of figures you have there. Are these all Dragon and Tamiya or some other brands as well?

They face I did mostly like shown in a recent Vallejo Tutorial on YouTube. Started with strong shadows and highlights like they say. And yes the stroke beaten clown was there. But after the blending process this was all covered. Several layers of translucent paint helped to smooth everything out. Also used a dry brush to feather the borders to avoid tide marks. Seen that on the IG modes channel.

Still a long way to go. 1/16th scale allows for a clumsy modeller like me, not yet sure how to translate that to my 1/35th scale figures.

On the Cap camp I did it a bit differently than on the Jacket, shades are more painted than washed and the highlight better located. I would do it like that on jackets in the future as well. For my Panther I plan to add the Tamiya soldier in his winter camp suit. So already another test object there. And who knows, maybe I will try one of these expensive Alpine miniatures in the future.

Return to “Other Builds”