Ludwig/Taigen SU-152 (early production)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Juckenburg/Taigen SU-152, Kursk 1943

Post by c.rainford73 »

Big fan of the exhaust system with the enclosed baffle too cool!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Tiggr wrote:Very impressive on many levels. The interior layout is very well done. Does each speaker serve a separate sound card or are both in tandem on one card ?
I'm running a TPA amplifier on the IBU2, which lets you play engine sounds from one speaker and weapon sounds from the other (with independent volume adjustment for each). It's impressive how much of a difference it makes, being able to have a more directional soundscape; the gunfire is much louder from in front of the tank, while the engine sounds are more pronounced and clearer from behind.
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Been awhile since I've made any progress, too many days over 40° (up to 44° twice!) and our apartment isn't air conditioned. My workbench catches full afternoon/evening sun, too.

The weather's been a lot more favourable this weekend, so I broke out the soldering iron to get the Tarr working. What I expected to be a 30-minute job ended up taking over four hours. To cut a long story short, the voltage step-up was causing the heater element to get so hot it re-melted the solder joints! I ended up running the heater element directly off the battery instead, and it works fine.
  • IMAG0680.jpg
So for some reason my 12 V Tarr wants to run on 7.4 V, and my 7.4 V Tarr wants to run on 12 V. Well whatever, they both work now I guess. :-<
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Fantastic. My poor SU-152 rendition will soon return to factory for a complete overhaul along these lines. Wish i had seen such build 2 years ago... :clap:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Raminator wrote:Been awhile since I've made any progress, too many days over 40° (up to 44° twice!) and our apartment isn't air conditioned. My workbench catches full afternoon/evening sun, too.

The weather's been a lot more favourable this weekend, so I broke out the soldering iron to get the Tarr working. What I expected to be a 30-minute job ended up taking over four hours. To cut a long story short, the voltage step-up was causing the heater element to get so hot it re-melted the solder joints! I ended up running the heater element directly off the battery instead, and it works fine.
  • IMAG0680.jpg
So for some reason my 12 V Tarr wants to run on 7.4 V, and my 7.4 V Tarr wants to run on 12 V. Well whatever, they both work now I guess. :-<
Looking good! Where did you source those lovely exhaust for your Build? I could use a set for my kv-2. Smoking looks excellent
Tanks alot.... :wave:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Hell, they always look good in the WW2 pics, but seeing it in the flesh and knowing how big the KV hull is, that thing is huge! Absolutely love it, the best looking piece of Russian armour by a long chalk. Super neat internals, keep the pics coming. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Awesome build!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Where'd you find that conversion kit?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Raminator,
These are the details in a build that will keep a tank running and amazing folks for years. Excellently done, Doc.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

Damn you get a lot of smoke coming out of those exhaust's Ram. Did you change any of the settings on the SD card for the smoker? I can barely see the smoke coming out of my Kv.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6

Return to “Other Builds”