Heng Long

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Heng Long

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all

Its just fab to see hl getting ready to pop out new rc armour of any type ,. Obviously I love the thought of an AS90 and the sherman variations ( tamiya copies ? ) .. and a T72 ... I hope it's all 1/16 ..

What ever pops out is great ,, expecially the phone cover ! .. wahoo
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If the AS90 was what I was chatting to an army guy about at Bovington a few years ago, he was telling me that it could fire a shell from where we were stood and hit Bournemouth on the south coast accurately. That is one hell of a piece of kit. 8O
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all

I've just emailed Andrew at haya ..

To have a look at the link and explain what HL are actually saying
and also to see what he knows as he has very close links with the sales and development team at HL

Hopefully we can get some clearer answers as to when the new tanks will hopefully pop out
and if there are plans for the centurion .. and Merkava which are still quite heavy rumoured ..
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

He was asking around a few months ago, I was in a three way phone conversation with him and another guy, and he asked which tank HL should do next. It seemed at the time that everyone was telling him to get HL to do a Centurion as it would have a greater global appeal than anything else. If they do one to the same standard as the T90 they will sell thousands. :D
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I hope so. The first model tank I ever had was back in the 1950s was a Dinky Toy Centurion. I would certainly buy one.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have no idea why the Centurion has not been produced by a major manufacturer yet.
It could be the Horstman suspension which I don't think has been represented in 1/16 but if it were it would be an easy route to other British MBTs such as the Vickers Conqueror,
I would love to have a true British Heavy Tank,
The advantage to us as Modellers is that unlike Torsion Bar Suspension, "Horstman" is not invasive to the hull , so lots more internal space for bigger batteries etc,
I have said this before, with so many variants of the Centurion sold worldwide the potential for aftermarket upgrades is close to unlimited, A fully upgraded 1/16 R/C Israeli Army Cent would really be something else.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

I hope HL are going to upgrade all the electronics in line with the new T90 in all the existing tank range. I'd be in the market for at least another 5 tanks. :D
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
andrewrc
Private

Post by andrewrc »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Just tried it again. The link works fine - takes me to the Chinese page, I then use the Chrome translator and it all becomes clear. On my reading, the first large scale tiger will be 1/8, all metal hand made. The 1/6 scale will follow. Everything else I reckon to be 1/16.
i had a quick look guys.
it is just a show notice board, which starts from tomorrow in China.
Sherman X2 / T72 / British As90 spg are on their plan ? but not started yet ?
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Anyone think you could reverse the lower of the as90 to make a centurion lower.

regards pete
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Pete,
The AS90 has 7 road wheels and a sprocket each side,
The Centurion has 6 road wheels 4/5 rollers and a sprocket each side.
The AS90 has Hydrogas suspension and the Centurion has Horstman suspension.
And the most annoying thing as far as I am concerned is that the Centurion hull could be used as the base for a number of British Armoured vehicles of the 50s/60s whereas the AS 90 I think (I wait to be proved wrong again)is a one off.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Hobby News”