Tank Of The Month Competition

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!

Should This Forum Have a Tank of The Month Competition?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Yes
58%
No
28%
On The Fence
14%

Total votes: 36

ausf
Lance Corporal

Re: Tank Of The Month Competition

Post by ausf »

I think thats a great approach, nice and simple. Post a poll of a bunch of submitted pics.

If you want to, open the thread and pick your favorite for whatever reason you wish. If you don't, don't open, don't vote, no big deal.

I didn't see anywhere in the proposal about it being mandatory. ;)

Chances are, even if I submitted one myself, I'd pick the most realistic or beautiful photo of the lot because I have eyes. ;)

Forums are about sharing information. The more you see, the more you expand. If you see someone's amazing weathering job and want to know how to do it, ask. But you cant ask unless you see it and 'if the tank is two years old and you missed the original photos, you'd get exposed to it through the TOTM.
What, me worry?
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

tomhugill wrote:
RobW wrote:No - I see the board as a place to learn & discuss. I'd rather not judge people's efforts.

On the other hand a "showcase of the month" for a thread with no comments but lots of pictures of a set tank could be very useful. Eg Sherman, KV-1 etc. Wouldn't necessarily need to be model pictures either. Just image(s) and note of location (if real) and model number M4A?, KV-1b etc.
I see it as more of a what's your favourite than judging and critiquing others work, the similar format has worked well on rctankregiment for years

I'm in agreement with Tom on this , And as said it does work well on other forums , it's not as if it will take over the site, just and addition and it's nice to see how people's skills have developed over time.
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

I think it's a good idea! Can never have too many photos :thumbup:
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Righty, the poll has closed, and the forum has voted for a Tank of the Month competition.

We'll get this up and running as soon as possible, so get your David Bailey hats on. 8)
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Excellent!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I'm glad this went ahead. I did not vote in case it came to a tie break!
So I missed out.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Soon now we have a worthy and keen section supervisor !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Announcement:

As you can all see the membership has voted for a Tank of The Month Competition.

Matdragon has kindly set up a board that will be dedicated to the entries, polls etc, so the mechanics are all good to go.

We are also pleased to announce that PainlessWolf has agreed to look after the competition, and that he will be the administrator for everything relating to it.

So, we have the TOTM board, and an administrator, the rest will be down to the modelling skills, enthusiasm, and photographic talent that exists out there. The moderators trust that this will be supported, and that we all look forward to seeing the variety of military vehicles that we know are hiding in sheds and on shelves throughout RC Tank Land. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You would have to go a very long way to find someone better qualified than "PAINLESS WOLF"to judge the standard of armour builds offered for judgement on this Forum, :thumbup: :thumbup:
A brilliant choice, And no I am still not thinking of entering BUT I shall of course continue to steal the best ideas, :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

YES..........MINE :)

Return to “General Discussion”