Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV

Post by brizo58 »

I may be wrong in saying this but I think we're being ripped off by Tamiya. As I said in another post on this kit I have no doubt that it will sell very well and there will be some fantastic builds of it. Brian...
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

brizo58 wrote:I may be wrong in saying this but I think we're being ripped off by Tamiya. As I said in another post on this kit I have no doubt that it will sell very well and there will be some fantastic builds of it. Brian...
You're not wrong, This is Tamiya #7 for me, I'm a little disappointed this time.
Joe
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

So, thats what a Bagillion dollar kit looks like !

I'm sure its going to look stunning..............but I guess its should eh :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

HERMAN BIX wrote:So, thats what a Bagillion dollar kit looks like !

I'm sure its going to look stunning..............but I guess its should eh :think:
Here's hoping so mate.
Joe
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Not that many upgrades for the panzer IV - gearbox brace and if you lucky carbon leaf springs.
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

.... ....... ..............
Last edited by jtracks on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
This whole cheapening of the kits as time goes by can probably be laid squarely at the door of Tamiya Marketing and Research. They have gotten the idea ( probably correctly ) from a survey somewhere that most of these kits are built and then left to collect dust on a shelf. Meetings are held and reports are passed along. The bean counters get involved who then tell the designers to make it ( using the newest materials of course ) as stoutly as possible but only to a certain price point. Then they sell it for current market value. End result: Less kit for more money. Still a fine RC tank kit but not to the specs that we are used to coming from Tamiya and for something this expensive.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

Good morning Painless,

I have to agree with what you said. It's still disheartening to see it happen. I must admit however that the detail is still evident in this kit. It's not a big thing, but at least I didn't have to lower the fourth roller to it's proper location. Also, all of the hull detail is still nice and crisp as are the parts on the sprues. I'm always curious to see where Tamiya wants you to install the on/off switch on their tanks. This one will be located inside and under the fire extinguisher which will slide back and forth. Again, not a big deal but innovative.
Joe
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

You work quick!

I'm just about to break out the IV!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
This whole cheapening of the kits as time goes by can probably be laid squarely at the door of Tamiya Marketing and Research. They have gotten the idea ( probably correctly ) from a survey somewhere that most of these kits are built and then left to collect dust on a shelf.
This is exactly what I think.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “Tamiya Builds”