unfair blasting of sellers ?

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
FreakyDude
Corporal

Re: unfair blasting of sellers ?

Post by FreakyDude »

the vendors should get together and have a bad customer thread.
the internet hobby market has a very demanding customer client with the vast majority just plain unreasonable.
Imagine having the truth be told about you the bad customer that always screams for a discount or faster shipping. better yet the customer that wastes 3 hours of someones time asking questions about a product then buys it from another web site because it was a buck cheaper.
How about the guys that buy stuff, use and break it then launch a paypal claim to get their money back because they say the item was broken or it broke but it wasn't their fault.
Or the guys that seem to think the product is indestructible and its all the vendors fault that it broke during the biggest battle day of the year?
the list goes on and on
Generally everybody should be thankful to the vendors we jave. Yes some people are out to rip some poor newbie off and those people should be pinched, but with facts and not opinions.
Your vendor community are the guys that are responsible for bringing you products that are better and more useful, they are the ones that talk to HL and Tamiya and all the cottage part producers and say hey it would be cool to have this widget..... I don't care what you all believe either there is NO WAY in hades these guys live off your purchases.
Even the good vendors get blasted with all of the above
A Joke is a very serious thing
Winston Churchill
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Hmmmmmm...... how about the vendor's that every one likes and likes personaly and gives chance after chance to make things right but they fall off the face of the Earth?

Are some customers rediculous? HELL yes they are! As a former store manager for years and years I'm well aware of exactly how unflexible, unreasonable, unrealistic and just plain asinine some people can be.

However the way I look at it as I'm sure most do if someone gives a bad review that's just 1 experience. If 2 people do it puts the name on people's radar. If 3 do now we're on alert. 4 or more and there sounds like there us a real problem. Complaints from customers all over the world, yeah there is a real issue.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

FreakyDude wrote:the vendors should get together and have a bad customer thread.
the internet hobby market has a very demanding customer client with the vast majority just plain unreasonable.
Imagine having the truth be told about you the bad customer that always screams for a discount or faster shipping. better yet the customer that wastes 3 hours of someones time asking questions about a product then buys it from another web site because it was a buck cheaper.
How about the guys that buy stuff, use and break it then launch a paypal claim to get their money back because they say the item was broken or it broke but it wasn't their fault.
Or the guys that seem to think the product is indestructible and its all the vendors fault that it broke during the biggest battle day of the year?
the list goes on and on
Generally everybody should be thankful to the vendors we jave. Yes some people are out to rip some poor newbie off and those people should be pinched, but with facts and not opinions.
Your vendor community are the guys that are responsible for bringing you products that are better and more useful, they are the ones that talk to HL and Tamiya and all the cottage part producers and say hey it would be cool to have this widget..... I don't care what you all believe either there is NO WAY in hades these guys live off your purchases.
I cannot help wondering how after over a year of disappearing off the Radar with endless enquiries as to the whereabouts of one "FREAKY DUDE" and some irate customers wondering if they would ever get satisfaction, you of all people have the brass neck to put your head above the parapet,
Most especially as some of us spent time putting their reputations on the line defending yours,!!!
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
FreakyDude
Corporal

Post by FreakyDude »

jarndice wrote:
FreakyDude wrote:the vendors should get together and have a bad customer thread.
the list goes on and on
I cannot help wondering how after over a year of disappearing off the Radar with endless enquiries as to the whereabouts of one "FREAKY DUDE" and some irate customers wondering if they would ever get satisfaction, you of all people have the brass neck to put your head above the parapet,
Most especially as some of us spent time putting their reputations on the line defending yours,!!!
Shaun.
never disappeared, just stopped selling. I quit sometime around January and left my web site open till April closed the e-mail in May. How should I handle enquires I never received? There were no questions sent to my mailbox here, nor to my immortal hobbies e-mail and most members that bought off me also know my personal e-maIL WHICH IS STILL ACTIVE and has no mail about problems or issues from immortal.
Yeah I walked away from tanking because i was sick of the excrement to be polite. Never stopped building tanks and actually I have been building roughly 1 tank a month since I left for people i met while my store was open.
you say i have a brass neck? wtheck is that about? what exactly do i owe you? if you wish send me a pm and we can mail each other but I don't owe anybody anything and my thoughts stand as posted

ps I just did a search for threads containing freakydude, only complaint I find is sovereign's. I sent him remotes by mail years ago and if memory serves me correctly the transaction ended up costing me so I wash my hands on that
Winston Churchill
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

There is however quite a long thread on RCU with people who had issues.
FreakyDude
Corporal

Post by FreakyDude »

tomhugill wrote:There is however quite a long thread on RCU with people who had issues.
You mean this one started in March where I have already basicly stopped doing business? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tank ... bbies.html
If you read the thread start to finish I am pretty sure you will get the point of why I closed up.
if anybody else here on this site has an issue i suggest you pm me, I still have all my records as we have to keep them for 7 years here in Canada and would gladly take the opportunity to forward your tracking number.
Winston Churchill
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

There's blacklist for a reason, simple as that.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I would say its about balance.
If a person has a bad experience with a vendor, and all is done behind the scenes to reach an agreement, the wider populace normally never hears about how it ends up.
With a place such as this, the populace does.

Its one thing to have a bad transaction, another to resolve it and say so out loud.
Thats fair balance.

If its gone bad and stays bad, thats one side of the story.
We only hear one side.
And will always sympathise with the side we hear as jilted purchasers.
I would offer that there is very little right of reply in here on behalf of a vendor.

It has to be up to the person buying to decide on what advice to take on and use, or to ignore.

Member-vendors here have extra pressure to ensure the good name they have worked to make is not tainted by silly oversights, and operate with a sense of honor that is at times rare in the harsh commercial world.

I urge all members to use fair balance when passing judgement on a vendor, and to have the integrity to state all the facts so anyone can form an educated opinion on whether or not to risk their own cash with that seller.

Companies-like people-can make positive change.................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

There is something that hasn't been mentioned, and that is that although a company may have upset a few people a long time ago, they have responded to those complaints, and improved their stock control, order processing, customer returns procedures, and how fast they resolve queries. This is all probably true of every company, they learn and evolve as it is not in their interests to get a bad reputation.

If any newbie is looking through these recommended/blacklisted vendors I can only suggest that you ignore anything more than 3 months old. If a company has been getting its act together and hasn't had a bad report in that time, and there are good reports coming through within the same period then it would be safe to assume that they are now good to do business with.

It has been mentioned above, there are customers who break things, blow things up etc, and send the goods back as faulty, or don't read the instructions and make endless phone calls, or pester a dealer to death on knowledge and prices and then go elsewhere. I wouldn't be a dealer for all the tea in China as the nightmare tales I hear from them would be more than I have the patience to deal with.

If something goes awry with a product then your first recourse should be a polite contact with the dealer. If you go in all guns blazing then your complaint is not going to get a mutually acceptable resolution. We are all human, and so are they. Most dealers will sort out problems, they are more than happy to keep their customers happy, it's good for business.

I haven't had a poor experience with any dealer anywhere on the planet for at least 4 years, they all despatch quickly, they all deal with enquiries quickly, and they all resolve problems.

This list of dealers includes in no particular order, Tankbear (IBU), Elmod, Forgebear, Welsh Dragon Models, Andrew Haya (Ding Ding etc on Ebay), RC Tank.de, Jasons Stores, Tankzone, and any of the German suppliers.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I'd let them stay on it for a year to make sure they leared their lesson.

That said I also feel the vendor should be able to challenge/respond to the charges against them sort of like a peer review board and if it's found the vendor did everything in their power to fix whatever issue arose then we delete the bad review.

Freaky Dude is 100% correct, some customers you just can not please no matter what you do. It's not fair for those types of customers reviews to way baddly on a vendors reputation.

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”