Other stuff where I live

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Other stuff where I live

Post by jackalope »

RobW wrote:That'd be beet... Ruddy colonials, turn your back for five minutes and they forget everything! :D

:haha: :haha: ;)
DRC
Lance Corporal

Post by DRC »

It's best thar gits on bou it an gits thi sen bak ear ta lean sumit ar gen.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

DRC wrote:It's best thar gits on bou it an gits thi sen bak ear ta lean sumit ar gen.

Starts out as English and then changes to something else? Pig Latin perhaps? :think: I need an English / Gibrish dictionary. :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jack I fear you have been exposed to "Received English" which is what as someone born in the Home counties (the title given to those counties bordering London)I speak, and you believe that is how the people of this country speak, :haha:
My first night in the Army I stood at the bar a long way from home beside me was another newcomer,
I offered to buy him a drink and he pointed to a bottle and said "FITS THAR"? :O
What the "F" did he say ?Thought I.
This gentleman became a good friend over the years and came from Glasgow,
"What is that" ? Was what he had asked.
Just about every county in Great Britain and Northern Ireland has its own distinct dialect and then we have the different languages of this land, any or all of which are quite impenetrable to outsiders, If I remember correctly we have Cornish, Welsh, Manx, Gaelic,and Irish, Each one of which is a different and distinct language.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
DRC
Lance Corporal

Post by DRC »

And then of course there are two Englands as well as a Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They all go to make up a not so United Kingdom.
2 England's?
Them shandy swilling southerners.
And us NORTHERNERS!

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Have a care sir, I have never knowingly drunk "Shandy" in my life, If it doesn't have a cherry on a stick and a little paper parasol in the glass then it cannot possibly be a drink, :{ OOPS To much information. :haha: :haha:
The trouble with drinking in this country is that in my fathers time you went to the pub for a pint of brown and mild (And Whatever happened to that?) and a game of darts, and now it appears to be a case of who can get legless fastest. :thumbdown:
Shaun.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

AH HA! So it's NOT English then, I knew it. ;)

We have kinda the same thing here...

I was at me zinc warshing dishes and I seed a puhlease car and far truck go by and then the amblanse. I'm sure it's easier to figure out what it says then some of the things from the deepest darkest regions of the UK. ;)

So long as everyone knows it's all in good fun and I certainly mean no disrespect.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

jarndice wrote:Have a care sir, I have never knowingly drunk "Shandy" in my life, If it doesn't have a cherry on a stick and a little paper parasol in the glass then it cannot possibly be a drink, :{ OOPS To much information. :haha: :haha:
The trouble with drinking in this country is that in my fathers time you went to the pub for a pint of brown and mild (And Whatever happened to that?) and a game of darts, and now it appears to be a case of who can get legless fastest. :thumbdown:
Shaun.

That's why I stopped going to pubs/bars, too much crap. I'd go with a group of friends to shoot pool and drink a few beers or shots but then it seemed guys just came to get drunk and fight, and that gets old FAST. Haven't been out in years now and haven't had a drink in 22 years after I realized my father and his whole family were drunks and I was rapidly going the same route. I decided that I liked my car and working on it and not wrecking it more then I did drinking.
DRC
Lance Corporal

Post by DRC »

There you go Jackalope. You can speak English!
By the way Jardine, what's a Lager top? Down at the Old Firkin and Flute the landlord and I haven't a clue!

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jack like all internecine wars, outsiders have nothing to fear, And while we are just having fun, there are some people in the country who have missed the point of language (Communication) and instead make merit of tribalism at the expense of nation.
Shaun.

Return to “Off topic”