T55 back in production

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: T55 back in production

Post by brizo58 »

I remember when I built mine good god the parts that were mis-molded. A complete nightmare it came out ok in the end.I used the KV1 tamiya MF units they work a treat. I will be stripping the wheels off to add bearings. Apart from that the tank is fine :D . Brian...
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

This sounds realy good i had a few problems with the odd things miss molded.
But i made some better parts to replace them.
Plus i put bearings in the wheels.
I will defo be buying this new kit as i love my T55 and this edition sounds even better :thumbup: !
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Looking at the pics on the other thread it looks like all of the horrendous moulding on the sprues has been fixed, so as long as the production versions are the same it should be an excellent tank. I did one of the previous versions, and has been said, it was a nightmare to build, almost like scratch building as parts were moulded so deeply into the sprues that they had to be carved out and filed to shape. The smaller parts had to be remade as they were unusable, and the suspension although quality parts didn't quite work properly, so that required some jiggery pokery as well.

Once finished it was a lovely tank, ran well, and was one of those that to this day I regret selling.

As far as electrics are concerned, they are a doddle. You can fit any of the aftermarket systems without any problems. It comes with all of the mechanics, geraboxes, elevation rotation, and recoil.

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Hobby News”