Morris C8 Quad Scratchbuild 1/10 scale

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Morris C8 Quad Scratchbuild 1/10 scale

Post by 971wright »

Hi Alwyn now you have made those vehicles you need to make a 6 pounder for bren carrier ammo trailer for the Priest and limber and 25 pounder ,can see you wont have much time for any more builds .

regards pete
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

excellent keep up the good work.
Stevie
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yeah Richard, I printed the limber and gun blueprints to scale today, boy that rig is going to be BIG!!!!
Pete I think the 6 pounder and ammo trailer are going to have to wait awhile!

I keep taking a sneaky peek at Chris's churchill kit and wondering how to hide £400 plus from my better half!!! Maybe if I buy it in instalments I could get away with it, or sell one of my builds maybe? :crazy: :think: :wave: Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I laid out all the blueprints against the quad, and ........ yes this is going to be a big rig. :/ :/
Tidied up the wheels a bit because I was sick of looking at the plain black wheels, I may get some new ones or maybe leave these as they seem to look ok.
The build is almost finished outside, I just have the bonnet tie downs and the radiator cap to do, and then it's down to the inside of the cab.

Then it's on with the limber and gun. :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

That looks fantastic. Once painted, it will be outstanding. Can't wait to see the complete rig. I can remember from my youth first having the Dinky Toy set and later on the Airfix version. Somehow, they just would not compare :D As they say, a good big'un beats a good little'un any day.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Moving along with the limber and gun:

Started on the gun carraige. The angles on the carraige were an interesting challenge to get straight and also build it strong enough to tow round a field!

Now starting to give an idea of the size of the rig
Hoping to get as much done as possible before leaving for Spain/Portugal. :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

When I started building the quad I did not know that the gun was held together by hundreds of blooming rivets!!!!! :'( :'(
Anyway I've started so I'll continue (for ever at this rate!) :/

Quick pic of the rig now all connected up

Hi Ho back to build we go. :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Bloomin' Marvellous!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Well 250 rivets later and the chassis is just about done (as is my patience and most of my enthusiasm!). That was one tedious job. :/

At least now I can progress to the cradle support and gun cradle which promises to be much more interesting. I want to make a working gun elevation mechanism and have found a couple of lego technics cogs and worm gear that look like they might work and are pretty near to scale. I'm not sure how much more I can get done before the big spain/portugal trip as the motorhome needs preparing and herself will probably demand my full attention on the small matter of packing everything in the van pre departure! :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Awesome work as ever, Mr Turner. :clap: :clap:
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”