Morris C8 Quad Scratchbuild 1/10 scale

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Re: Morris C8 Quad Scratchbuild 1/10 scale

Post by doc larsson »

i love alwyn's builds !
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Alwyn great build ,if you want the doors to stay closed use magnets to hold them shut place the magnet inside and a strip of metal on the door . I sometimes use them to hold body work on .

regards pete
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Pete - brilliant idea!! That will save me a whole lot of grief and means I can put opening doors on the model. :clap: :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

At last the square section has arrived and I can get on with framing the back of the cab. While waiting for postie I also finished the radiator cover.
The back of the cab is coming on, I think there will be enough space in there to put all the electronics and maybe the battery as well, just need to make an opening lid to enable easy access with magnets for closure as Pete suggested for the doors.
Just hope the sheet styrene turns up quickly. :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That view in the above group-first photo ...............
Leave it like that mate !!!!!!!...........its a hot rod hard core :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The postman knocks and... he has my styrene sheet 3 days early - wow! Anyway with ample supplies of material I have now managed to sheet up the sides and it's looking better. The fuel filler caps were a doozy but after some bad language and a couple of breaks for suitable beverage I got them done.
It took a couple of attempts to get the wheel arches right as I kept being too conservative and having to cut more off, but that's better than overcutting and having to scrap the panels and redo them (it could have been the beverages that caused that :crazy: :D ). Next I think will be the front bumper and tow bar. I will also have to re-engineer the body mounting design as I now find I can't get at the screw heads to dismount the body!! Fire the designer immediately!! :{ :{ Fortunately it's an easy fix as I just need to make the mounting via bolts directly from underneath into the existing bracket and through the two cross beams - lesson learned and more pre-thinking required!!
Anyway lots to keep me busy! :thumbup: :wave: :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Well I posted an update but it seems to have got lost so I'll just have to repost!
I gathered myself together and stripped off the body from the chassis and redid the mountings
Surprised myself with how big the body is - I hadn't really noticed it when I was working on it and it was only when I took it apart that it gave me a bit of a surprise - quite odd! :crazy:
Changed to the mounting to vertical nut and bolt connection
And here it is reassembled
Built and fitted the front bumper so it looks a little more 'dressed'
I spent a lot of time designing the tow bar and attaching bracket as the 'snatch' load will be quite high with a limber and gun on the back. I had visions of the whole rig parting company and heading off in three separate directions so I probably over-engineered it a bit. I couldn't find a way to make a strong enough 'hook' connector out of styrene, so I used some hard plastic that I found in my scrap box to make a split tongue and pin type connector and bolted it on.
Well now to prettying up the body.
:thumbup: :wave: :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I don't think even Barnes Wallace could have improvised as much as you have to get this project going, Alwyn. :clap: The styling oozes nostalgia.. and radiator grill brings to mind those old names 'Foden' (F1), 'Scammel', Bedford etc..an images of vehicles with starting handles dangling out to the front bumper. If you didn't have a background in engineering I'd be rather surprised..but whatever it is, you've certainly mastered lateral thinking :clap: Great pics too..
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

I am getting ready to build a radiator shell for a street rod (full size). Your shell gives me some great inspiration!
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks guys, thanks for the feedback! :D :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”