M1A1HA, 9/18/23 update. Delay of Game, two week penalty!

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: M1A1HA, 6/8 Update, Head and Taillights DONE!

Post by BarryC »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Barry, they were worth the wait :clap: :clap:
Thanks Mick!

I don't mind saying that it was challenging. Finding the right size LEDs for the Taillights was a real pain in the ARS!

The headlights not so much except for finding the right size LED and foiling the inside of the lamp opening. I used aluminum foil tape "Mach Tape" in the aviation industry. I tried several approaches for both the Tail and Headlights before settling on the final LED application and design.

I am still not certain I've captured the prototypical design function but I'm going with it unless someone comes up with something to the contrary.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Absolute museum quality modeling. No, it’s better than museum quality.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Jimster wrote:Absolute museum quality modeling. No, it’s better than museum quality.
Thanks Jimster,

I try hard as I can, that is why it took way too long to get them done. Perhaps one day I will achieve true museum quality. ;) But until that day I will continue to try and do better each time! :thumbup:

Thanks again for the VERY kind words.
Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Jimster wrote:Absolute museum quality modeling. No, it’s better than museum quality.
I think Barry has a unique business model that would require its own name. This is not scale modelling any longer, its some kind of miniaturization process that only Barry has the skills and the will to exercise.

Bravo Master Barry, :clap: :clap:
yan33
Private

Post by yan33 »

each post I take a lesson so it’s beautiful and precise
thank you master

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

BarryC wrote:
Thanks Jimster,

I try hard as I can, that is why it took way too long to get them done. Perhaps one day I will achieve true museum quality. ;) But until that day I will continue to try and do better each time! :thumbup:

Thanks again for the VERY kind words.
Barry
My eldest brother was an oil engineer for Esso but started his work life as an apprentice model maker at 15, building museum model ships. And later in life I made a friend who worked on the special effects for the alien film, he also started out as a model maker, making models for museums. I've seen pictures of their work, and I am particularly fond of studying museum models. Anyway, I've seen photos of their handy work, they had time restrictions as there was a budget, it is very rare that a model has an open budget, only reserved for those extra special models.
Therefore apart from the odd model that is covered in rivets, I am sure that museum models hardly ever have this level of accuracy and detail.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If ever there was doubt that Mr C is actually an Alien being with massive eyes and 18 jointed fingers, this sealed it................
Just think, all this in 45 seconds of his "real time years" that we just cant comprehend :shifty:

You cant put paint off forever (well, thats only about 6 of your real time months) Mr C..............if you look through your ships computer(or whatever its called where you really come from) you will see a dude called Leonardo Da Vinci..............he got things done that made him a visionary ahead of his time too.
In fact, you are probably related :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

There is a lot of gushy complimenting going on here. And it is all understated! This level of modeling is beyond anything I have seen in any museum or modeling contest.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:There is a lot of gushy complimenting going on here. And it is all understated! This level of modeling is beyond anything I have seen in any museum or modeling contest.

LOL. When Barry finishes this Abrams and finally enters it into the TOTM, everyone else should just withdraw... Sorry Barry, there will be no contest.

Barry's completed masterpiece earns a flawless victory...

Barry, your detail focus is staggeringly meticulous! I cannot wait to see the finished project (2022?)
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

lmcq11 wrote:
I think Barry has a unique business model that would require its own name. This is not scale modelling any longer, its some kind of miniaturization process that only Barry has the skills and the will to exercise.

Bravo Master Barry, :clap: :clap:
Louis,

Thank you very much, coming from you it's a compliment I'll continue to work to earn. :)

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Modern Builds”