M1A1HA, 9/18/23 update. Delay of Game, two week penalty!

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: M1A1 HA, 9/22 update, Side Armor Pivots and Hangers

Post by BarryC »

Hi Guys,

I have just about completed the attachments pieces for the skirt armor plate that hold the Reactive Armor Tiles.
There is still some detail work to be done like the retainer pins that secure the large attachment pins.
I will be very happy to move on to the turret upgrades and details!

Thanks for stopping in! :)
Barry

Some pictures of the hangers and pivots.

"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: M1A1 HA, 10/10 Update; Skirt Plate Hangers and Pivots

Post by BarryC »

Using my "Alien skills", thanks to Herman and Carl for "outing" me!

Here's my version of the Nazca Holes, however mine are much more evenly spaced. Modern alien technological triumph!

Theirs

Now mine.

The right tools + lots of patience and a fair amount of quality bourbon =

Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Barry absolutely brilliant work
Tanks alot.... :wave:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

c.rainford73 wrote:Barry absolutely brilliant workImage Image
Thanks Carl, it has turned out pretty well if I say so myself. ;)

I had put off drilling the 868 holes as long as possible and finally had to "bite the bullet" and just do it. Even with the use of the attachment for the Vertical Mill it still required some 11-12 hours over two days. :crazy: Hopefully between today and tomorrow I will get the right side drilled and the incredibly boring, daunting task will be complete.

Really looking forward to getting on with detailing the turret especially after viewing Nexusys's work on his Abrams. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks again,
Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: M1A1 HA, 10/11 Update; Alien holes discovered!

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Nanu-Nanu Mr C.............I remember from an old show thats how aliens say G'day !
Now, I've seen some stuff, stuff done by clever S.O.B's...........stuff done by clever S.O.B's that transcend the ages................stuff that leaves mortal numpty's grasping at altered reality for answers.......................

Stuff like why did the the workers that put the Pyramids together not put windows or doors in the structure, and the answer would be that the engineers told them when questioned that they were paid from the neck down, not up, and unless they had a degree-to shut up & just follow the prints/drawings, until they realised they #$#@@#d up & told the Pharaoh that these things would make better tombs that townhouses & thats what happens with slave labour on a project............... :/

But you, YOU..........have just done stuff that is equally unexplainable...........theres no emoji/imogi/smart-ass face thingo to put to this achievement of yours

:clap: :clap:

Like Ive said, tough gig for a first build mate, how the hell(alien or not) are you going to top this one ?? HHmmm ???
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Herman,

You slay me with your wit......... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

As for what I'm going to do to "top this one", first I'm going to finish it which will in itself for me be a first in over 12 years. :O
I have started and left unfinished a number of 1/32 aircraft modeling projects of the past 12 years by getting too bogged down in the details. :problem:

Your wit and challenges keep me striving for the goal. :thumbup:

Thank you,
Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

ALL Holes Drilled!!! :thumbup:

Started planting rivets then on to the bolts. Hope to have all rivets and bolts in by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for stopping in!
Barry

Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Re: M1A1HA, 10/13 Update; Rivet and Bolt "planting" I/W

Post by c.rainford73 »

Barry I assume that you have that beverage for motivational purposes.

it's either from the liquor cabinet.....or something more sinister like an extraterrestrial brew as we have already outed you and established your other worldly connections.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
nexusys
Lance Corporal

Post by nexusys »

BarryC wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:Barry absolutely brilliant workImage Image
Thanks Carl, it has turned out pretty well if I say so myself. ;)

I had put off drilling the 868 holes as long as possible and finally had to "bite the bullet" and just do it. Even with the use of the attachment for the Vertical Mill it still required some 11-12 hours over two days. :crazy: Hopefully between today and tomorrow I will get the right side drilled and the incredibly boring, daunting task will be complete.

Really looking forward to getting on with detailing the turret especially after viewing Nexusys's work on his Abrams. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks again,
Barry
I wonder how neat your home would look like. Jeez, wouldnt crossed my mind to do those rivets.

C'mon Barry, me is like LandWind X7 whereas yours more Range Rover Evoque comparison :haha:

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: M1A1HA, 10/13 Update; Rivet and Bolt

Post by BarryC »

c.rainford73 wrote:Barry I assume that you have that beverage for motivational purposes.Image

it's either from the liquor cabinet.....or something more sinister like an extraterrestrial brew as we have already outed you and established your other worldly connections.
Carl,

:haha: :haha: It's genuine Vegan bourbon and I'm just about out so a (quick) trip "home" is in order!

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Modern Builds”