Tamiya 1/16 KV1

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Tamiya 1/16 KV1

Post by tomhugill »

Kiaser wrote:Just on previous question gentlemen why ? , Would you require gearbox brace on the JS 2 .
I've not noticed any flex on mine, part of me fancies those new ETO gearboxes as an upgrade on mine which also stiffen up the rear
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

KV boxes are only held on by three legs each, thought a brace would help stiffen? €40 apparently for the KV.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Possibly, I'll have to look into the brace and sprocket supports see if they are needed.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

She lives!

Testing time for the electronics and newly arrived orange 615 receiver.

Chuffed to bits it all works first time!

https://vimeo.com/157783530
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

Yes, isn't it great when things work the way they should? I couldn't tell for sure but it appears when you went horizontal with the right stick I heard the elevation noise and vertical sounded like traverse.

I do just the opposite, throttle and steering on right stick and turret functions on left.
Joe
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Yeah, I messed up on my first tank and left it that way! :D

Throttle and steering left, turret and main gun right lol

It's worked like that for ages since my Leopard build and now I do them all that way! Must try your way and see if it's more natural. One thing I like is being able to drive/steer and traverse the turret at the same time!
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

I had purchased a few Taigen tanks that have the throttle on the right and I got used to that also. I now set my Tamiya tanks up the same way. Yes, I am able to throttle and steer with right stick while traversing with the left. I use Futaba radio's and have my cannon and MG fire on a three position switch.

The sounds sound identical to my JS-2.
Joe
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I think it uses the same engine? 38 litre diesel?

Bit like the Tiger and King Tiger, Panther and Jagdpanther sound the same. Only one that's different is the Panzer IV. Would like to try that tank next.

I'll give the right side stick a go and see how I get on :D
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Shoe horned the electrics in and test fitted the upper hull - detail parts next.

jtracks

Post by jtracks »

Starting to look the part, looks like there is some room in the hull for a good sized battery. I having a hard time deciding between a Tamiya KV or their P4. When you get the KV all done, I'd sure like to know your pro's and cons Ad.
Joe

Return to “Tamiya Builds”