sponges challenger 2 build

Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: sponges challenger 2 build

Post by Tankbear »

Looks awesome in the woods, brilliant paint job :thumbup:

Tanks always feel slow in open areas, I find I setup my tanks For my garden then take to the MAD and Grantham club meets and are too fast around the diorama.

And don't forget if you want to control the beacon from the controller you need a spare channel.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Yeah I might just wire in a 5v supply dude or I will have to live without the crew sounds till I get another RX, I know what you mean about the speed in open areas, will see how I get on for abit with the 4:1's there not that slow really so they will do for now!
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Beautiful. Excellent job.

Question on your minor problem 1, re:tracks, wot do you exactly mean by tracks overriding the sprocket?
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

atcttge wrote:Beautiful. Excellent job.

Question on your minor problem 1, re:tracks, wot do you exactly mean by tracks overriding the sprocket?
Hey dude, basically the tracks slip out of position on the sprocket left/ right and rather than sitting in the teeth of the sprocket they run around the edge of the sprocket teeth, hope that helps
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

You have done a Class A job on this Chally, out in the woods it looks almost real. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Cheers wibbly, still abit of weathering to do but she's coming along, just had to get her out and about for a test run!
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Does running metal tracks do that? I have metal tracks on my M1, and the left track keeps on derailing from the sprocket. I figured it's because I damaged the sprocket when I glued the two halves together and placed it in a vice. I think that's wot caused my track derailing issue.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

atcttge wrote:Does running metal tracks do that? I have metal tracks on my M1, and the left track keeps on derailing from the sprocket. I figured it's because I damaged the sprocket when I glued the two halves together and placed it in a vice. I think that's wot caused my track derailing issue.
Metal or plastic dude, have you added much weight to you m1? Or increased the spring tension? Might help if its still doing it also a track inducer around the drive sprocket will help but am not sure they make one got the m1 although I think scalawag modified one to fit ( ask him I could of dreamt this!) also make sure your drive sprocket is parallel with the road wheels as that can cause issues.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

scalawag wrote:Hi spongehoobtank82,

Looking very nice now, the pics in the woods are particularly good. great job mate.
Cheers dude, you started your paint yet? Bet you can't wait!
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Am keeping an eye out for the dklm parts too! Although i when I can afford them is another question! Well am excited to see what you do anyway Paul lets hope you get the bits soon!

Return to “Modern Builds”