1/6 1943 Stuart M5

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1/6 1943 Stuart M5

Post by PainlessWolf »

Finished the 1/35 research version of the Stuart. ( Sans the Commander who will need a sunny day to finish painting ) This is what I will be building the 1/6 scale version to emulate. With the larger scale, lots of opportunities for expanded detailing will be presented. * wrings hands together in a sinister and gleeful fashion*
regards,
Attachments
Rear View of 1.35 Scale Stuart
Rear View of 1.35 Scale Stuart
Completed Stuart Research Tank
Completed Stuart Research Tank
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Painless that is one good looking tank
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!
Thanks, Doc! Now to scale those good looks up into 1/6th. *chuckles* Merry Christmas, my Friend!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Before building my one and only Tamiya 1/35 model, I'd no idea of how finely detailed they can be. Mine was the Cromwell, and I referred to it time and again (like an artists' model) when working on the Ludwig Cromwell. Not only was
it an indispensable aide memoire, but it's also very cute. Your M5 is a real Honey ( :D oblique reference intended..), with some beautifully crisp detail. It's such a pity that Tamiya don't do the M5, the Cromwell or Comet in 1/16.
Comparable detail on a 1/6 model would make it very tactile, and eye-catching! :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

43rdR&R,
Many thanks, Sir. Over the years, I have built almost all of the brands going and have found Tamiya to be almost matchless in quality and crispness of detail. ( Master Box and Dragon not withstanding ) Having a suitably detailed and finished small scale model of what I am planning to build in 1/16 or now in 1/6 is a trick I learned here at the Forum. They have come in really, really handy for giving me ideas on what is possible to craft on the bigger scale beasties.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl!
Thanks, Doc! Now to scale those good looks up into 1/6th. *chuckles* Merry Christmas, my Friend!
regards,
Painless
Merry Christmas to you too Mr Painless ImageDitto what Roy said, it will be a brilliant build if all those lovely details are added to the big beast!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Great to see you're back on the job mate.............hows the A/T gun shaping up ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Good even, my Friend. I just finished painting the figure for the 1/35 research kit. I believe I have a 1/35 37mm door knocker kit around here somewhere as well and am considering building it to get the total effect of what I am working on in 1/6 scale and want to achieve. I'll see, considering it *chuckles* For right now, here are a couple of pics of the little Commander for the Stuart. Every time I paint one of those little scale guys, I remember why I try hard to stick to 1/16 scale and bigger. *laughs*
Attachments
Research kits really are worth the time just in a solid visual of whats to be achieved.
Research kits really are worth the time just in a solid visual of whats to be achieved.
A template for the 1.6 scale version
A template for the 1.6 scale version
A lot can be done with some putty, files and paint.
A lot can be done with some putty, files and paint.
You can tell that this fellow is from a very old mold
You can tell that this fellow is from a very old mold
1.35 scale Stuart Commander
1.35 scale Stuart Commander
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

After a dose of what has the entire ( or so it seems ) U.S. coughing and sneezing, I'm recovered and moving on with the Stuart. No 1/16 distractions this time ( and yes, I've bought a GAZ-66 and detail parts for it but it's way down on the list ;o) Hee! The sharp eyed among you all will see the details I've added to the Bogies this time...and here we go with small steps.
Attachments
Detail has run squarely into Run Capability so enough is enough.
Detail has run squarely into Run Capability so enough is enough.
Squadron Signal ensures lengthy and detailed Builds
Squadron Signal ensures lengthy and detailed Builds
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Woo-Hoo.............Ya back on mate :thumbup:
Detail :problem: .............great to look at-tough to repair :/

Great to see this one is at the forefront again ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Larger Scale Military”