"KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: "KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

Post by ALPHA »

So is she done Herman??? Looks much more imposing with those Winterketten on :D

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Almost mate. Still need to add tie off ropes for the stowage, the tarp over the gun station and tidy up(if that's the right term on this thing) the optics.
You are right about the winterketten, come hell or high water this was going to be a Kharkov STuG but once I began, it became something else.
The wide tracks just set its profile off.

I did test fit some PZ IV tracks, but it looked like a bandy legged Swami !!!
The schurzen is a bit wider than actual, the plates hung inwards on real machines at the lower edges, but over all it looks pretty right for a beat up work horse tank killer.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Those tracks make any PIII look great....they add the "BEEF" :haha: ...The upside is they work on all Terrain....amazingly enough they hardly ever snag on anything
MORE STOWAGE?????????????????????????????? :O Where you gonna put it???????????? :haha:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Beef, thats a good way of decribing it !

There is still a little bit of room on the deck for a few more bits, once I make them.
plus I have the tow cables to place.
Now this thing has had a tow or two, so the cables are not going to be neatly stored, more like coiled on the deck with the eyes hanging off the back ready to go again !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Looks like a packed house on there already :haha: ...still don't know where you will pack anymore...guess that's why I'll have to keep watching lol

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Have'nt had much 'tankn-time' today as you can expect being xmas eve and all.

Tried a few options for the tow cables. with this seeming the better.
The shackle will be secured to the stowage rack upright after they are painted, and the bucket with six flowers will be weathered lightly !
I want to place one more crate(still to make) and another small rolled up tarp on the 'luggage rack' with the cables!
Be nice to have a jerry can or three, but the ones I have are not right for this.
Once the cables are painted, secured and weather in, the other gear placed, and the bucket & gun tarp sorted, this pig is signed off.
Attachments
PC240050.JPG
PC240049.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:think: That crew has style :D ....they leave the tank dirty and beat down....but polish the bucket :thumbup:............... :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

It will get the dirt treatment, but lighter...................or it might be that its freshly foraged &put to work. :shifty:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I vote leave it lol...it gives the whole picture personality ;)

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Leave it ??...........couldnt possibly !
I've decided to leave the mantlet tarp off for now, the ole 'pig' looks right at this stage, but the tarp could be a go once I have time to look and run it.
Took the rust kit out & hit the tow cables a bit to contrast them from the dark timber crates. Toned them down with spit and raw umber :/ to get the blend right.
Troweled on the potting mix, pigment and pastel brew around the shackle & thimble eyes, lightly grubb'd the bucket up and used a similar spit/umber/rust wash to run down the schurzen under each mounting point & from the PTRD anti tank round spalling on the left front plate.
He's almost done
Attachments
PC260062.JPG
PC260063.JPG
PC260064.JPG
PC260066.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”