"KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Re: "KRIEG-SCHWEIN" STuG III

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

One great looking Stug. Beautiful detail all the way around. It looks "right." Would love to see a complete "walk around." :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

SCHWEREPANZER wrote:One great looking Stug. Beautiful detail all the way around. It looks "right." Would love to see a complete "walk around." :thumbup:
Thank you Mr SCHWERE, I know you have some outstanding examples of various tanks.
Once I return home I will do the 'walk-around' as you requested.

I will say , it does look 'right'..............thats part of the reason I feel this one has bought the most plain fun in the build.
All of mine have a particular meaningful place for various reasons, but this one was the "fun-est" !!
The Panther-Zu-Fuss Night Fighter was the most involved(someone called it ambitious) and the PzIII Munitionschlepper the least fulfilling but equaly as good as the others in most ways.

I reckon the tank you build and the feeling you get from it has a lot to do with the timing of the build..............are you rushed, are you waiting for parts, what was the one you did before it etc
But over all, Im real happy with the progress I have made as a builder, and certainly happy with the end results I have created from what I began with, and thats the entire point of doing it eh ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

This stug is awesome of realism.I like the T34 tracks for protection on the front chassis.

the reproduction of zimmerit look very well and the paint job is incredible. This stug is in my stug top 10... :clap: :clap:

It' s missing just a video outside now... :D
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thank you Mr Fred Sir, from such a talented fabricator like yourself, that is a humbling compliment .
I shall complete the helmets and trial a tarp for the mantlet once I return home.
The T 34 track idea is from a period picture, I also added a section under the concrete armour as I have read was done at times.

Again, thank you for the kind words Mon Ami
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

A 'walk around' as requested.

The mantlet tarp just did not sit right, so its shelved for now.

"StuG III , Russia, 1943...............
Attachments
P2020184.JPG
P2020183.JPG
P2020182.JPG
P2020181.JPG
P2020180.JPG
P2020179.JPG
P2020178.JPG
P2020177.JPG
P2020176.JPG
P2020175.JPG
P2020174.JPG
P2020173.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

last set
Attachments
P2020189.JPG
P2020188.JPG
P2020187.JPG
P2020185.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Herman,
Realism = Achieved! This is definitely a StuG that has been to see the Elefant ( pardon the pun ) ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

That's outstanding I'm just a novice in comparison Image
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning, Herman,
Realism = Achieved! This is definitely a StuG that has been to see the Elefant ( pardon the pun ) ;o)
regards,
Painless
Thanks Mr Painless, I must admit I dont get the Elefant line sorry Sir..............This one is currently rating as my favorite, not entirely sure why, it just is !
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Spartan tracks wrote:That's outstanding I'm just a novice in comparison Image
Cheers Mr Spartan, I'm glad you like the completed project.
I consider myself far from an expert compared to so many in here, I'm just thankful to learn techniques & have a go, then share with everyone.
Its one thing to 'want-to' but another entirely to 'do & show' and put a project out for all to see.
Thats what this

A- sickness ?
B- obsession ?
C- addiction ?
D- compulsion ?

Its multi choice, you choose !!

E- hobby is we all do is all about after all................having a go
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”