OCD Builds.... Research Tanks in 1/35th 8O

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: OCD Builds.... Research Tanks in 1/35th 8O

Post by ALPHA »

Sherman Firefly Redo: Skirts!!!!! :O (Dragon/DML +Tamiya)
Just so happens the Tamiya Sherman came with the option to add skirts....they were better looking than the pair provided with
the Grant ...So instead of wasting them...I installed them on this....it was very challenging though...took almost as long as it took to build the
Sherman :wtf:

Anyway....it's how it's supposed to be in the Anime...not sure the skirts will make it on the transition to 1/16 ;)

:D

Carpe Diem Gents Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank: Panzer II F early version (Tamiya) Ready for paint
This one will be in the New Movie...Not sure of the team...as I didn't recognize the insignia
Good Model...gives you early and late version option....all polycap wheels...fast fast fast construction :D

Carpe Diem Gents :P

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote::D :D back soon MR A ready for action 8O
ACTION??????????????????????? :think: ....OOOOOOOOOOOOO...K :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:I see, I like it looks good :thumbup:
Think I'm going to work on my PanzerIII before painting that one...even though it's a pretty easy one ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank: Chaffee (Italeri) Ready for paint

Whey Baby...this was a time eater :problem: ...it wasn't a hard build....but a tedious one...Italeri did a job on this model...lots and lots of tiny details
Excellent kit though....for the most part everything fit ...not much flash to trim...a few dimples here and there ...but mostly where you can't see them

This tank will be in the New Movie :D

Caviat emptor
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote::haha: :haha: nice you will be requiring BI focals for Christmas this year 8O
Way past Bi focals already Mr K....Have tri Focals....but for these builds...surprisingly it isn't too bad now....I just use readers and my magnifier for the small stuff ;) ...Have to keep track of the time though....as after two hours there is definitely some strain 8O

It will be a relief to get back to 1/16th again....still waiting on a few bits for my Firefly...then off we go :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:Still here Mr A , been off the tanks for a while 8O , I think I might be rusty :haha: :haha:
Hey there Mr K :wave: ...Where be you now???????????? :think:...Can't still be on Holiday :eh:

I wouldn't worry about any rust there Mr K....that stuff comes off real fast ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Still Waiting to jump back to 1/16th...still waiting on a few bits before I can though :thumbdown:
With that said ...will have to do it soon...the plans in my head are giving me the greys :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Sorry to keep you waiting Mr K....Actually finished this on Friday...just didn't have the time to take photos

Research Tank: Chaffee (Italeri)
Great Model....A lot of tiny details...took more than 12 hrs to place them all...and that's without the ones I didn't need
The only missing detail is that of the bolts on the transmission cover....no big deal though ;)

The Chaffee...still my all time favorite tank :thumbup:

CAVIAT EMPTOR GENTS :clap:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Chaffee Fun

ALPHA

Return to “Tanks”