OCD Builds.... Research Tanks in 1/35th 8O

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: OCD Builds.... Research Tanks in 1/35th 8O

Post by ALPHA »

ALPHA wrote:This was gifted to me ...will build it to compare to the Dragon Firefly I restored earlier
Tasca is supposed to be a better brand...but I'm pretty sure it will still look like a Firefly when done :haha: :haha:

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
CANCELLING THE BUILD OF THIS ONE :haha: :haha: ....Just took a browse through all the parts....It's more than I want to tackle at the moment...Also not sure I like the quality of the cast....the details are nice...but the plastic is very thin ....The tracks are also very similar to the Zvezda...four piece (two for each side) :thumbdown: .......so it's on to paint then those darn Modelkasten tracks :lolno: :lolno:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Long story short Mr K....was sitting down to paint...when I found my vent fan had seized on me :lolno: ....turned out spent most of the night taking that apart and overhauling it :crazy: ....working fine now...but time lost :thumbdown:
Add to that ...a directive to post Photos of my M1 :S ...so more time directed away from my 1/35ths............ :'(

There is a silver lining...I was also gifted a Late Panther....was going to build that....but it's missing a bunch of the wheels...call it providence...but it was like something was telling me to focus on more important matters ;)

By the way...that was a pretty short Holiday :wtf:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Vehicle ...DAIMLIER SCOUT CAR..............DINGO!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: (Vintage Tamiya)
This thing is so freakin cool....don't know why I never built it before lol
Student Council President's Command Car....Anyu come riding into face Saunders
(sorry no screen shots )

:D
Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:No still in there holidays are go :thumbup: just miss the big A ;) the equipment failure , yes :/ happens when you least expect it :haha: :haha: ,Do not gas yourself one minute painting then without notice passed out on the floor 8O ..... :haha: :haha: , You are a pretty tuff man Mr A to put up with the thinners fumes 8O in a confine space .
Image Well good for you Mr K....everyone needs a good Holiday Image

No real fumes...I use Acrylics...but the particulates can be something to be cautious of...I wear a mask...what the vent fan does is help dry the particles of paint while they are in the air....that way they are less harmful as they become heavy and drop instead of floating around Image

Did manage to get some work done Mr K Image

Mele Kalikimaka My FriendImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank: JS2 (Zvezda)
I can't say it enough...what a great model :thumbup: enough detail to keep you busy...Und a barrel of laughs during assembly...All in all ...one
heck of a good time :D
What can I say....it was more than challenging to get this tank in frame ;) ...also used a black backdrop ..otherwise it would probably disappear :haha:
Used by Pravda...was later utilized by Nonna to target the escaping Oarai team 8)

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

In the New Movie...Pravda will be sporting Green

Dasvidaniya Gents Image

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I'm watching on.................not sure what to say really, its like i've had a night on the "toilet-duck" & am looking through a kalidescope :O
You sure do pull em out of ther bag Mr Alpha !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Thanks...........I think :haha: :haha: ....not all that difficult Herman...just been lucky to get decent kits...Have a couple "hard core" models to do...a lot of new kits include PE...and Interiors....been skipping over the interiors as I don't care for loose parts on models....in a way it's a waste for sure..as some include the engine compartment detail as well....thing is for a research tank...that stuff is just unnecessary

Kind of fun ...even though it strains the eyes...but the WTF! :wtf: moments are humorous ...especially on a model like the Js2 :D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS HERMAN Image

ALPHA

PS. What happened to your White Christmas Plans?? :shifty:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Christmas is here...gone tomorrow lol...Hope everyone had a good time :D

Back to the Grindstone....

Just for the Heck of it ....Gifted model Saladin Mk III (vintage Tamiya)
Not the best kit to get if you like the Saladin...I think this one was done way back when Tamiya's main competitors were Fujimi..Bandai...and Nichimo
I remember those brands from way back as being terrible in every known way a model could be...basically it was like they were made to be toys ...reason I see them on EBAY...and avoid them like the plague ;) ...With that said...and like I expressed before...I've had this at least six times when I used to build 1/35th and I really don't recall it being as bad as it was...Now having this refresher...I would avoid this if I had the choice

Anyway...if you notice...the rear view mirrors are gone....they broke off enough times for me to say "forget about it " :/ ...Did her up in Desert Pink just to fit in with the St Gloriana School of Tankery ....the silver lining to this build is that all the hatches open :thumbup: ...
It is the motorized version...but it really meant nothing to me

The vehicle that was really used was a Rover...have seen the model for it...but not really interested in getting that

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:That's a Landrover ALPHA, a rover is something very different and not to be confused with this.

If you search SAS Landrover pink panther you should find the model of it. Tamiya did one and I think others too :thumbup:
Thanks for the advice...No pologies for the abbreviation lol....Yes the Rover itself is different....but that's pretty much what we call them in the states ;)
Yes...I have seen the different models of that ....I've seen the Tamiya and I think Italeri ....to me they really aren't worth the price...both borderline 30 dollars US...also these are not really for a collection per say....they are models that "could" possibly be upsized...being that I don't build like the rest of you...an open top vehicle wouldn't be all that practical...The DINGO would be the exception...as a standing GUP figure could be posed inside :D ...the Landrover as you might guess would have it's complications :shifty:
I went ahead with the Saladin...because of the opening hatch feature...I have a few "Chibi" figures that look OK in it lol

Carpe Diem Scalawag :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “Tanks”