World of tanks

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: World of tanks

Post by wibblywobbly »

Not saying WOT is fixed or anything, lol, but I played last night and killed a Lowe in about 4-5 hits at long range with my Tiger, which must have seriously annoyed the Lowe player. I am not even going to mention the add-ons that give so many players an advantage, or the bots that infest the game.

Would like to get into Armoured Warfare, it looks good, but what is the process? Do I just sign up and they let me in, or is there a wait?

I am converting my laptop and desktop to Linuxmint, especially now that Win10 is out, as I am still running Vista. WOT will run on Linux but AW will mean retaining Vista under dual boot as far as I can see?

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Bots would make sense as to how some of the matches go! I know there are teams but DAMN sometimes its like the other team is a wave and just washes over us and we're done! True most times I'm the last man left standing on my team trying to defend my base against 10 to 14 bad guy tanks and no matter how good I am and how well I play there is just NO WAY for 1 T18 to hold off 14 tanks! I've taken out a best of 8 and gotten the "One Man Army" award a couple times but the rest dog pile on me and I'm done. Pisses me off sometimes to the point I have to turn it off or risk my TV screen receiving a controller being pitched at it as hard as I can.

I'd still LOVE to see an 81% win rate even with a Lowe which as you pointed out Wibbly isn't the be all end all of tanks. Not saying Mr.Kiaser isn't being less then truthful but I MUST be something WAY WAY WAY wrong to only have a 51% win rate. :{
Blitzmgg
Private

Post by Blitzmgg »

Hmm I sometimes play and feel the odd game is fixed but I suppose you would if your on a loosing streak. I also always grind up my tanks from basic to fully upgraded then move onto the next tier tank its inevitable I don't perform well when tank is stock. I have played the odd game where others tankers names are a different colour, I put this down to them being hackers.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I think the worst I've done was like an 8 game losing streak but then I have quite a few winning streaks as well so it all balances out as far as I'm concerned. I worked with a guy who said he had figured a way to hack WOT's so that the damage he received was never more then 2 hit points but the damage he dealt was whatever the tank he was shooting at had, so 1 shot 1 kill. Not sure if he was full of crap or not but he had been banned and black listed several times before by Xbox but all he'd do is change his IP address and screen name and keep trucking.
Blitzmgg
Private

Post by Blitzmgg »

It's an old saying but surely he was just cheating himself
Blitzmgg
Private

Post by Blitzmgg »

I have noticed when running it on my acer with 8.10 the graphics even in basic mode sometimes go blotchy
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I did read somewhere that the 49%/51% rate is pretty much what everyone is on. Some mathematics whizzo analysed game stats etc, and calculated that what WOT does behind the scenes is take people who are on 51% and pitch them against teams that are on 49%, it then bounces shells and makes shells miss for the 51% team so that they lose. The 49% team wins, and both teams are then on an average of 50%. This carries on indefinately, and it seems to hold some truth. It's why those 49%/51% rates are so common.

As to whether it is only applied to cheapskates like me who rarely buy gold, or spend any money on the game, I have no idea.

The Beta days were a whole lot different. Although they were then sorting out the game mechanics, it was possible to use skill to win back then....though invisible tanks were sometimes a problem. lol.

One thing is for sure, Wargaming.net has made a 'lot' of money out of World of Tanks, but from reading the 'Why I left WOT' thread on the Armoured Warfare forum, it looks like those who leave do so for the same reasons?

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Oh that KILLS me! I'll have an enemy tank dead in my sights, first shot knocks off a crap load of points! Second shot almost kills him! Third shot..... WTF!?!? He disappears my shell goes THROUGH where he would have been hits whatever was behind him and then POP and he's back? :wtf: Wish I had the button that made my tank phase out of reality for a moment so incoming shells would pass harmlessly through me but nooOOOOOoooooo! The shells heading my way ALWAYS find there mark!

The 51/49% thing makes sense which is why I'm at a loss as to how Kaiser is at an 81% win ratio.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

I've had that, but also then moved forward to find a smoking wreck - so I must have hit him when invisible. Suspect it's all perspective as I also seem to get a lot of bouncing shells outgoing & many one shot dead incoming....

I'm at 49.??% from about 650 battles. Not sure what will happen as I max out vehicles & crews as most don't have vents etc due to a shortage of cash! Can't see vents for the TD's, am I missing something?
Blitzmgg
Private

Post by Blitzmgg »

I should be on wot tonight about 8.00pm, blitzmgg [CIA1] if anyone fancies a battle

Return to “Games”