World of tanks

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: World of tanks

Post by wibblywobbly »

I used to be totally addicted to WOT, I played it since it was in beta, so that was something like 4 years ago? Owned too many tanks to mention, but decided that the light and mediums were my favourites. My two most notable battles were watching my entire team get decimated until it was me left, and then killing the entire opposing team on my own. One was in a Stug, the other was an IS3.
I took a look around on the web recently for something a bit more involving and found Armoured Warfare, which seems to tick all of the boxes, it's still in beta test stage, but it looks really good.

http://aw.my.com/us

Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

Played the hell out of World of Tanks, played in a top flight clan for 3 years in Clan Wars, burnt myself out over it.

I'm in the Armored Warfare CBT and it's pretty good. It's everything World of Tank should be by now. Better physics, the ballistics are more realistic, more complex damage models. It's still an arcade game but it's a whole generation in front of World of Tanks.
RobW

Post by RobW »

jackalope wrote:Lets see all of my tanks maxed out as I can get them and several of my crews have mastered every perk there is but here's my list.
Ah, that's worth knowing. I wasn't sure if I could only have one perk.

Only been playing a few weeks so just about in a KV-1 (it's available but waiting for a crew discount to buy) & working up to T34 from the A20. Vague aim is to get the SU 85 and then not too sure other than to pick up the T70 & T80. The lower tiers seem more fun, but getting sick of my SU 76 being put in with tier 5's as I struggle to do any damage. Less of an issue with the light tanks as don't expect to do much damage, but getting one-shotted by a heavy is annoying!

So, currently using the Russian tanks/destroyers predominantly SU 76, T28 & A20. Also the British cruisers & American T1 (it's fun!).
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

playing WOT and world of warships :wave: when i get a chance
dave
billpe

Post by billpe »

RobW wrote:
jackalope wrote:Lets see all of my tanks maxed out as I can get them and several of my crews have mastered every perk there is but here's my list.
Ah, that's worth knowing. I wasn't sure if I could only have one perk.

You can have 6 skills/perks (I think they changed it somepoint back to allow all of them to be collected for that role) per member however I think that's approaching about 600,000k XP for just one crew member. I have a bunch with 4 or 5 perks/skills but these are crews I'd also use in a Premium tank of the same country and class (no retraining required for the Premium). I.e. my E100 crew is also used in a Lowe and PzB2, my 215B crew is also used in a TOG2 and A33, my T62 and Obj 140 is used on the Matilda, IS7 on the Churchill & IS6, E50 and Leo 1 crew on the T25 and so on. That way you can maximise your crew and crew XP distribution.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

I prefer the tanks on War Thunder. I'm one tier away from my 1st Tiger. Currently loving the t34/76 and the PZKW 4-2 both great at ambushing and ca't wait for the british tier coming out soon. In planes I'm not far from Lvl100 !
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Wot won't work on my tablet :'(
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Think I've got quite a few tanks researched and bought.

Been playing for 3 or more years!
Blitzmgg
Private

Post by Blitzmgg »

WOT only works on a pc or laptop with a suitable graphics card normally a machine with graphics card that solely runs games etc, it barely works on my new Acer laptop I have run it in lower graphics setup.
Blitzmgg
Private

Post by Blitzmgg »

If I keep playing it I'll never get this tank built lol

Return to “Games”