1/4 scale Tiger 1 (as a driving model)

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: 1/4 scale Tiger 1 (as a driving model)

Post by jackalope »

LMAO! Is that a roller skate? :haha:
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

jackalope wrote:LMAO! Is that a roller skate? :haha:
Hey Terry behave!!! It does 70 to the gallon on its 1 litre vvt engine!!!
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Firebird
Recruit

Post by Firebird »

Oh dear :( it may do 70 mpg but I don't think I could afford the depreciation, lol

I'm sure its a very nice car, I do also have a 1.2ltr 6 speed fiat but it actually only does 40mpg on a good day, so when I get 24mpg to 28mpg out of a 5.6ltr car I'm more impressed that, and coupled with very cheap spares and the fact that my cars go up in value each year I think I'll stick with my Yank Tanks :)
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Hey firebird been there done that in my youth I had a 68 390 big block LTD a 71 olds and a 77 el Camino I also had a 59 f-type Victor and a 302 powered mk 1zodiac oh and Suzuki ate a fair chunk of the depreciation by paying the vat, 5999 on the road brand new
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Firebird
Recruit

Post by Firebird »

Cool at least you had a good bit of fun with those, :)
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Could we get back to the Tiger I build and less of the car show??
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If and when Mr Firebird would like to..............its his thread & build after all , SO HE GETS TO SET THE TONE OF IT !!
Hes building a ride-in Tiger mate..........anything he wants to talk about building is ok by me as long as its making the general membership happy. ;) Tank or not.

I get you guys on the MPG thing, but as we all know, selfless pride & the, well, V8 "thing " just cant be missed eh :thumbup:
I guess Mr Ed you can further vindicate the Suzuki thing by having plenty of spare cash not burnt in fuel to use on tanks eh :thumbup:

How heavy do you think the Tiger weighs in at right now mate ? Guessing the V8 will come in handy to be towing it to where it can be driven properly :)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Firebird
Recruit

Post by Firebird »

OK sorry for the cars but the fact is I found some one on here that not only lived where I get cars from but also had a lot in common with so I thought I would talk to him, and in doing so I found another that had had similar interests a few years ago, cool these chat rooms really do work! can't win em all though, altho I think I will sell one now and by 3 Suzuki's and the spare cash will go toward's may be making a Sherman and a King Tiger and give me the space to build them. Anyone want to buy a Car!!

May do the KT out of 3mm steel.

OK back to the Tiger I have cut the mould in half as spent most of the last 3 days filling and sanding the inside to make it straighter and fill in any air pockets just on side left to do then 8 coats of wax plus a PVA release agent and so by Tuesday or Wednesday I should have cast the bottom part of the hull and may be the blank top part, I'll put some more pictures up then :)

Cheer's too you all for now and thanks for all the comments at least I know some one reads this stuff and it get us all talking :thumbup:

Herman I'm not sure how heavy it will be I'm hoping around 300 pounds and I'm looking for an old Chevy pick to use as a Tank Transporter to take the Tanks around the Car Show instead of the normal Tot Rods I see kids in 8)
Firebird
Recruit

Post by Firebird »

OK I've been having problems with my camera bloody thing would not up load my pictures!!

Here are some of the mould after 3 days of sanding and filling then 8 coats of wax, plus the nice blue PVA release agent.
mould 3.jpg
mould 3.jpg (6.32 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
mould 4.jpg
mould 4.jpg (5.51 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
mould 6.jpg
mould 6.jpg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
mould 5.jpg
mould 5.jpg (5.33 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
mould 1.jpg
mould 1.jpg (9.22 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
mould 2.jpg[/attachment And here are some pictures of the basic shell before I add motors and Track's to make sure it all works before I get to some detailing and a mantle with a Gun :) [attachment=2]base Shell 3.jpg
Base Shell 2.jpg
Base Shell 2.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
base Shell 3.jpg
base Shell 3.jpg (11.48 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
basic shell 4.jpg
basic shell 4.jpg (11.39 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
Attachments
tank basic shell 1.jpg
tank basic shell 1.jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
mould 2.jpg
mould 2.jpg (9.53 KiB) Viewed 6003 times
Firebird
Recruit

Post by Firebird »

OK well that didn't go well, more hours of my life wasted trying to shrink pictures and send them not realising they had gone even smaller after sending them.... I'm feeling both stupid and annoyed at the same time :thumbdown:

I will correct the pictures when I have more time...

Return to “Larger Scale Military”