RCTank.de Panther G Upgrades and Makeover

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: The voices made me do it

Post by wibblywobbly »

I only found them while looking for something else. RCTank will apperently do you a tank in any spec if you ask them nicely. When I look at the price of this even including delivery, which was remarkably cheap, and compare it to a Tamiya tank it is no contest. It comes with every optional extra, including photo etch grilles, everything that can be metal is metal, and that is something that would cost an arm and a leg if the Tamiya route was taken. It still wouldn't be as high a spec even if I spent hundreds on it. All I need to do is drop in an Elmod or IBU2 and it's good to go. Nothing else to buy, apart from making a loom for a hidden battle system.
RCModel do a similar spec Leopard on Ebay for £250, which was my initial choice until I saw the Panther.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

Shame they dont do an M4. I'm on the lookout for a sherman at the mo. I've seen new tamiya M4's on ebay for a little over £300 delivered. Probably get hit for import tax though
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

If your after a tamiya contact Forgebear it often has some which he doesn't show on eBay.

He's having a week off fishing at the moment but sure he'll reply when he returns

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
trackpin
Private

Post by trackpin »

Ah,the voices,they are constantly urging me on to bigger and better things.The voices have no boundaries,they have no financial knowledge of the outside world,just the never-ending advice of 'yes you can afford it,' ' yes you do need another project,'if I don't buy it now,I never will.So what if you live on bread and water for a month,just think of the pleasure and satisfaction of ownership.(you can always arrange for delivery while the missus is at work,she'll never know,not that I've ever done it,honest).The voices are good,embrace the voices,listen to their wisdom. Regards Trackpin
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well that was astonishingly quick delivery, just took delivery. It weighs a ton, 8O

Have to say that the paint is absolutely top class and lacquered, I could not do a better job if I tried. Over the moon with it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Attachments
DSCN0935.JPG
DSCN0934.JPG
DSCN0933.JPG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

Nice looking Panther, I've had my eye on that one myself. I bought their metal Jagdpanther and am very happy with it. The only disappointment for me is the gun. I am an IR fan, so I don't like the way the recoiling barrel makes the air soft winding up noise before firing. I have done a repaint, installed an IBU2, a TBU, metal hatches, and a metal muzzle brake. Good luck with your Panther.
Joe
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Nice looking beasty Mr wibbly I like the placement of the hedgehogs to stop it falling off the table :D
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

jtracks wrote:Nice looking Panther, I've had my eye on that one myself. I bought their metal Jagdpanther and am very happy with it. The only disappointment for me is the gun. I am an IR fan, so I don't like the way the recoiling barrel makes the air soft winding up noise before firing. I have done a repaint, installed an IBU2, a TBU, metal hatches, and a metal muzzle brake. Good luck with your Panther.
I bought the IR version, so it comes with the Taigen recoil and HL muzzle flash. I took it all apart and ditcehd the smoker and speaker. It's now got an Elmod + Visiton speaker in it, so it was just a matter of plug it all in, load the Panther sound file, and start it up. The Elmod can use the HL muzzle flash so that works out of the box.

The only issue I am having at the moment is where the three pin Taigen plug goes that powers the elevation and recoil? The manual isn't much help and there are no spare 3 pin sockets. I will probably fit a servo recoil anyway, but apart from rewiring the 8 pin plug to HL standards...I can't see a way to make it work with the Taigen loom? I can make a loom for the battle sensors etc, Thomas sent me a schematic for that, it all runs off the 5 pin, so that should be easy once I have ordered the bits.

If anyone knows if there is a quick fix for the elevation/recoil I would appreciate any info, before I get the welding gear out.... 8O

Edit:
Just noticed that there is a 3 pin mount underneath the upper hull, next to the 8 pin socket that is there...is this where the 3 pin plug goes that is linked to the recoil/elevation??

Even Further Edit.
Yes it is, now have elevation and recoil, but the recoil is pants and you get a horrible 'snap' click, so a servo will be going in soon. :/
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

W.W.
The Taigen Panther is serious Armor. The paint on their new stuff is amazingly well done. Enjoy that Panther, sir. I had to work to find improvements to do to mine.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Just a good looking Tank
Just a good looking Tank
...Here for the Dawn...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It's a really heavy bit of kit, but the Elmod powers it superbly, the gear changes on acceleration are really noticeable with a heavy tank.

Mind you, it's a bit less work than the last Panther I owned. :haha:

Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Other Builds”