IBU3

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
atcttge
Sergeant

Re: IBU3

Post by atcttge »

So...

I have a Turnigy 9XR Pro radio. Is setting it up with the IBU3 similar to the IBU2 Pro, ya know, switch on switch thingy, then move sticks and other controls here and there? Or is it all done on the computer?
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

atcttge wrote:So...

I have a Turnigy 9XR Pro radio. Is setting it up with the IBU3 similar to the IBU2 Pro, ya know, switch on switch thingy, then move sticks and other controls here and there? Or is it all done on the computer?
No totally different.

On radio set channels 1-4 on the sticks, 5-6 to 2 switches and 2 knobs. Order doesn't matter.

Connect IBU3 to PC Configuration software and run config.

The config will say

Push stick to fire main gun - you pick what ever stick you want and do the action the IBU3 leans that,

then machine, etc

So basically the IBU3 learns what stick, switch or knob you want to do what action then auto detects and assigns the channel and perimeters.

Then fine step on the software there is a radio setup page.

Here you can select channel 5 does then number of actions like

Engine on/off
switch between machine guns
headlights
inertia
etc.

Channel 6 and so on.

Plus the diagonally left stick switching (like IBU2 headlights, inertia, smoke) can also be assigned on this page.

In total there are 8 selectable features on this page.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Big N00b wrote:Today's big news - the Flysky i10 went stick wacky and would not send signals. Also quit sounding the startup alarm for stick/switch being out of proper positions.

Only thing that may be different was the battery was charged yesterday before shut down.

Talked with support and they hadn't had that one before. Unit sent back to Florida to be checked out...bummer. :(
Typical always break when need it most. :(

Do you have another radio to use whilst waiting? maybe not 8 channel but a 4 should keep you going with basic features.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

jackalope wrote:Finally was able to get it at the post office! Thank goodness! The cost of this thing I'd have had a heart attack if it got lost.

Now to figure out how I want to set it up in my Jagdtiger.
You will figure it out, mate.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Big N00b
Recruit

Post by Big N00b »

Tankbear wrote:
Big N00b wrote:Today's big news - the Flysky i10 went stick wacky and would not send signals. Also quit sounding the startup alarm for stick/switch being out of proper positions.

Only thing that may be different was the battery was charged yesterday before shut down.

Talked with support and they hadn't had that one before. Unit sent back to Florida to be checked out...bummer. :(
Typical always break when need it most. :(

Do you have another radio to use whilst waiting? maybe not 8 channel but a 4 should keep you going with basic features.
I can use a Turnigy 9x while mine is in the shop, so I'll keep on mess'n for the time being.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Paul,

I found that as well using the supplied USB charge lead it would not communicate, but a micro to USB adaptor works. I did buy an adaptor but turned out the linx tablet I bought came with one as well.

So that's now 3 confirmed tablet brands which work.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Oh goody. Good to know.
Big N00b
Recruit

Post by Big N00b »

For the Turnigy 9x experiment, I used an Asus g73jw laptop running Windows 10 Pro.

The 9x was running the Tanker9x mod, made no changes to its existing configuration.

Took 15 minutes to make the physical connections for Rx and USB (no issues, used standard cables that came with IBU3) and run setup program.

Identified sticks automatically, rotary knob as master volume on Ch 5; Mg1/2 on 3 position switch (remember, I didn't change any of the setup on the Tx) on Ch 6.

All sounds worked, except the "run" didn't play (but I also did not have the motors hooked up - would that be cause?) but mechanical "squeak" did when stick was forward/reverse.

Before the i10 stick failure, I had been to this point, but had identified the rotary/switch channels on the Tx program.

I'll agree with Paul, setting up the internal wiring and the particular user nuances per Tx - overall, quick & easy.

Terry
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi terry,

You should get engine run sound with motors unplugged, as your getting track squeaks the ibu3 is getting the signal so think the run sound hasn't been installed correctly, try again or using the play function to see if it plays through the tank speaker.

If that all works then check the last tab of the software can't remember what it is called but this deals with the engine run, make sure all fields are not empty.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Big N00b
Recruit

Post by Big N00b »

Tankbear wrote:Hi terry,

You should get engine run sound with motors unplugged, as your getting track squeaks the ibu3 is getting the signal so think the run sound hasn't been installed correctly, try again or using the play function to see if it plays through the tank speaker.

If that all works then check the last tab of the software can't remember what it is called but this deals with the engine run, make sure all fields are not empty.

Ian
Ian,

No engine run sound.

Deleted all sounds and went to factory settings.

Ran configuration for sticks and rotary/switches.

Loaded each engine sound and played after loading each - all played.

Start engine (Left stick lower left corner) - start sound plays followed by engine idle.

Right stick up - plays engine rev sound, the silence (when I had mechanical sound before, it would play during a random period), releasing stick goes back to engine idle sound....it's almost as if it is looking for a differently named sound file (just guessing here).

Changing settings on the engine sound tab made no difference ( it was set to its default 20, 50, 100. Changed to like 5, 20, 50).

Any idea?

Thanks

Terry

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”