IBU3

Discuss the IBU2 & IBU3 here.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: IBU3

Post by Tankbear »

Yes the ibu3 has a better TPA built in as standard.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Update on the IBU3 sound

After a lot of various setup configurations the IBU3 will have one speaker output (unlike the TPA 2 speaker arrangement) with the various audio channels been digitally mixed before going to the on-board sound amplifier. The amplifier is rated at 10W using regular 7.2v battery or 20W if using 11.1v 3S LiPo battery.

So far testing at 7.2v the amplifier has enough power to easily power a 12cm speaker with lots of volume and no distortion.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Ah. So only one speaker for all the sounds.... So there are still all several audio files but these will be all mixed on its way to the onboard amplifier which will be emitted by the single speaker, correct? There will be no support for dual speakers?

Will the custom sounds still be possible? Also, are the audio files going to be better compared to the IBU2 Pro which are only 8-bit 22000khz?
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

atcttge wrote:Ah. So only one speaker for all the sounds.... So there are still all several audio files but these will be all mixed on its way to the onboard amplifier which will be emitted by the single speaker, correct? There will be no support for dual speakers?

Will the custom sounds still be possible? Also, are the audio files going to be better compared to the IBU2 Pro which are only 8-bit 22000khz?
Yes all audio channels mixed and sent to single channel amplifier, as far as I’m aware no support for dual speakers as the onboard amp should be sufficient for all tank needs and therefore no need for external amp. But until final release that may change.

All the audio file quality will be improved to 16bit and still allow for user to change tank sounds and use custom files including 2 different machine gun sounds ;)

I will keep you posted as I know more.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

Awesome! The IBU3 sounds perfect for the M1A2. It'd be great if the radio and IBU3 can have functions for a second machinegun. My M1 has two speakers in the hull now. If I install the IBU3 in it, it'll free up space inside.
Big N00b
Recruit

Post by Big N00b »

Hi Ian.

Any updates for the IBU3?

Thanks.

Terry
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Terry,

No updates at moment, as soon as I know anything I will share.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

The suspense is killing me hahahahahha!

My Leo2 is dead after burning the HL electronics, and so I am in the market for a replacement and the IBU is it. Waiting for word on the IBU3 so I can purchase that and install on the M1 whereas the IBU2 Pro I have will go to the Leo2.

Still no news? hihihihihi! sorry, couldn't resist hehehehe

:D
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

soon it will be soon
theibuman
Private

Post by theibuman »

Well, for you all fellow tankers i can tell the IBU3 pre-production batch will be ready within this week.
Is planned to be shipped to Dealers for evaluating trail next week, so Ian will update this thread.
@ atcttge :
Also my Leo2 is waiting for the IBU3, also will be available soon the turret/barrel gyro stabilizer especially designed for modern tanks (i have a Chally on the way ...)
For the Abrams you will have two TX selectable MG's
@Painless :
I have a 16 Kg Dragon PZ. II converted to R/C (this conversion should be available in kit form, but whe are currently still working on it) equipped with IBU2 @ 4S Li-Po, no problems so far ...
Pz.II.jpg
Happy New Year ...
Ivano

Return to “IBU2 / IBU3”