Abrams 1:16

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Abrams 1:16

Post by ALPHA »

Hey Toni...Shout out brother!!!...Giant wants to make a pictorial page of the latest M1 builds....I think yours should be included ...not sure of the details of yet...but if you are interested ...I guess either Giant or me will do something once all the details are sorted :D

ALPHA
toniolillo
Lance Corporal

Post by toniolillo »

I am very proud of you to tell me, greetings and thanks for everything
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

toniolillo wrote:I am very proud of you to tell me, greetings and thanks for everything
Told Giant about you joining in...I think he will contact you and give you more detailed instructions :D

Great to have you aboard Toni! :thumbup:

ALPHA
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

Just keep track of scalawags progress. When he is done I hope we can start posting pictures. Trying to get the base M1A2 version at the start and then the SEP versions in the order that the real ones were built. After that any version can be added to the thread.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:Just keep track of scalawags progress. When he is done I hope we can start posting pictures. Trying to get the base M1A2 version at the start and then the SEP versions in the order that the real ones were built. After that any version can be added to the thread.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!.............means I got lots and lots of time :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Seems so, I think he mentioned doing the added storage rack like Atc did.

That will make toni the one to start the thread in modern tanks, if he leaves off the extra rack and stays with the basic HL m1A2.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:Seems so, I think he mentioned doing the added storage rack like Atc did.

That will make toni the one to start the thread in modern tanks, if he leaves off the extra rack and stays with the basic HL m1A2.
Well..Scalawag still has a way to go...still has his lenses to put in too... ;)

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Looks like stowage items are what everyone is looking for now.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Think photos of the tank with stowage is better for individual Show Off threads....just showing the M1 and what can be done is more suited for the proposed thread

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

I think it would be nice to show them without stowage items but by now Myself with a finished one with stowage items and the others working on getting stowage items before they consider them done I think that will not be possible. They can refer people to their builds to see them without stowage items. Just as long as they don't feature the stowage or whatever fine detailing was done on the proposed threads pictures, just pics of the completed tank as a whole.

Still working on my description.

Will start with something like, HL M1A2 modified to represent M1A2 SEP ( SYSTEM ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM ) as used by US Army alongside M1A2 Abrams during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Then the build dates of the real ones and how many were built, the weight increase of the SEP V1 over the M1A1. Will also point out that the APU was moved from the bustle rack and its old location now has heat exchanger unit as part of the turrets new heat management system which was needed to keep all the new electronics cool enough to operate.

Return to “Modern Tanks”