King Tiger "Henschel" turret version in 1/6th scale from FOA

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Saxondog
Captain

King Tiger "Henschel" turret version in 1/6th scale from FOA

Post by Saxondog »

FOA-Tanks is now offering a metal King Tiger non-rc kit in there latest advertisement.

Based largely on the design principles of previous offerings from FOA-Tanks, this kit should be a fine example of the German King Tiger.

Growth of FOA-Tanks has been steady this year beginning with the addition of 1/6th scale icons large scale parts line up, which certainly is great news for large scale armor enthusiast in the US and they do ship worldwide as well.

Field of Armor Tanks has also added an owners forum to support their customer base and large scale hobbyist building their products.
Here's a link to the site home page-Enjoy Tankers

http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/foa014 ... mbled-kit/
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: King Tiger "Henschel" turret version in 1/6th scale from

Post by jackalope »

OMG! That price is doable! The only think I wish was that it came with metal tracks or that metal tracks were available for it cause I'd be worried that with a 100+ pound tank thats what, 4 feet long the plastic tracks wouldn't stand a chance of surviving very long.

Is this the one you were designing for them Blake? It looks fantastic, you should be proud! :thumbup:
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Yes, this project is still developing. Metal tracks and other upgrades are being developed by FOA-Tanks together with other companies and designers. Several designers contributed to this project. The hull and turret were my contribution. Yet this is a great example of Loic Anthian reaching out to Hobbyist / designers and bringing together multiple skill sets to produce reasonably priced kits in large scale.

This is a stable well constructed hull which will make a fine platform to detail. FOA-Tanks also has the 6TH SCALE ICONS line of detail parts for the TIGER II and TIGER I.

More products are being developed and added consistently to the FOA-Tanks product line.

Field or Armor Tanks remains a supporter of this forum and an innovator in 1/6th scale Armor. So check them out guys,I also on a personal note would welcome some feedback on my TIGER I build of the FOA-Tanks RC Tiger kit. Modified with Armortek tracks and sprockets. Posting begins next week of my progress over the last month. With a full review of the kit,all hardware and the construction methods required to construct this Hybrid metal/ABS Plastic kit which also comes with plastic tracks and sprockets as supplied.

The FOA-Tanks Panther / Jagdpanther tracks have proven to be very tough on my 138lbs Jagdpanther which I have subjected to all forms of abusive driving.LOL

cheers Saxondog
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

WOW these all sound fantastic! If I can get metal tracks for this thing someplace then I may very well get this perhaps bonus time or next tax time.

Any idea what one of these KT's will weigh fully fitted out? I have to figure out if the Mazda CX5 I have will be big enough to take it to the park and if it will handle the weight ok. I can't imagine it being more then 200lbs which means the Mazda will do just fine.

Saxon, what kind of batteries do these monsters use and what is the expected run time? Or should I plan on motorcycle batteries and just use a car charger to charge them? I have SO many questions now! :crazy:
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

The FOA-Tanks sight list downloadable PDF assembly manuals of many of the products. Although the King Tiger manual has not been released.

Post your questions and seek out the information from Loic at FOA-Tanks, he's a forum member and benefits from these inquiries as do other members.

These 1/6th scale kits are new and remain in limited use, the more details we can post will only benefit development and product quality.

As to metal tracks I know the links are created and can be manufactured quickly, although the cost has yet to be posted on their sight.

These are exciting times for our Hobby as more and more products come to market for both scales. I really believe the Hobby will see 1/6th scale kits being offered much the same way H/L base tanks began, with more and more upgrade options following.

As things develop I will continue to post new products coming to market for the 1/6th scale Hobbyist.

Saxondog
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Gonna wait a bit for the whole kit to be released and to see what I'd be looking at total cost wise. I have a 2 car garage I can park it in and a big workbench both on the garage and my cellar so building it won't be an issue. The only thing I can see being a problem is my wife. :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

jackalope wrote:Gonna wait a bit for the whole kit to be released and to see what I'd be looking at total cost wise. I have a 2 car garage I can park it in and a big workbench both on the garage and my cellar so building it won't be an issue. The only thing I can see being a problem is my wife. :haha:
Maybe pass it off as a mobility scooter until it's too late to complain? ;)
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

RobW wrote:
jackalope wrote:Gonna wait a bit for the whole kit to be released and to see what I'd be looking at total cost wise. I have a 2 car garage I can park it in and a big workbench both on the garage and my cellar so building it won't be an issue. The only thing I can see being a problem is my wife. :haha:
Maybe pass it off as a mobility scooter until it's too late to complain? ;)
:haha: That's the funniest thing I've heard in days, thanks I needed a good laugh.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Who's joking?!? :D How do you think I'm planning on the getting this into the garage? http://www.livesteammodels.co.uk/pdf/4i ... owmans.pdf
marinus
Recruit

Post by marinus »

Hi
ever thought of going wheeled, something like a 222 or a 234?

Return to “Hobby News”