Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by ColemanCollector »

Whoa! What scale is the border collie?!

That is a beautiful arena you've constructed. I can only imagine the time and energy devoted to its maintenance, nevermind constructing all of those great landscape features. Seriously, how do you maintain it? Handmowers and grassclippers in the tight spots and then lots of cleanup? I can't imagine a gas mower and weedwhipper would be very welcome there. My back is aching just thinking about the down-on-hands-and-knees manicuring required!

Absolutely stellar!

Mike.
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hello guys
ColemanCollector wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:08 pm Whoa! What scale is the border collie?!

That is a beautiful arena you've constructed. I can only imagine the time and energy devoted to its maintenance, nevermind constructing all of those great landscape features. Seriously, how do you maintain it? Handmowers and grassclippers in the tight spots and then lots of cleanup? I can't imagine a gas mower and weedwhipper would be very welcome there. My back is aching just thinking about the down-on-hands-and-knees manicuring required!

Absolutely stellar!

Mike.
you are not wrong. The investment in time is immense, and much of the maintenance work is by hand.
Prune the trees so that they 'look like' scale trees, use a single-axle manual helical mower (as you point out, a two-axle gasoline or electric one is impossible to use, due to the undulations of the terrain), a mini hedge trimmer to trim around the trunks of the trees and do not damage them with the brush cutter (if the grass grows too much, the manual mower is useless and I have to use the brush cutter). I mean, you have to mow every week!

and to pull out unwanted weeds... brushcutter, and where it cannot be used, on your knees and by hand. And with osteoarthritis!
But I don't complain too much, I have a good time and I'm outdoors doing manual work and in a place where I feel good :thumbup:
jee wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:40 am Good you are back, and as usual great pictures. you have such a great place to play with the tanks
thanks mate :thumbup:
Kaczor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:36 am You seem to have a very warm "winter" ;)
yep, unfortunately :crazy:
but the worst thing is the drought, it hasn't rained intensely for months, and next January water restrictions will begin
We draw water from a well, but the aquifer is very low, less and less water comes out, and since it does not rain, it is not refilled. I just hope it doesn't dry out, or all the work in creating the landscape and taking care of the plants will be lost, we have used trees and plant cover that need little water, but a minimum is essential.
HERMAN BIX wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:16 am And fantastic tee shirts too Mr Jussek.
Great to see you and the team back at it mate.
Jeez I still wish to go there & get on it for a few days & see how you all make the hobby tick.
I had the feeling that you were going to notice the new shirt! :haha: :clap:

thanks chaps!

best regards!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hello chaps

we had a new weekend meeting in the Panzodrom!

On Saturday afternoon we were working a little, building new perimeter mountains for the future phase 3, and at the last minute we were doing a little driving before having dinner inside the farmhouse.

and of course, to sleep better...

then in the morning...

some of us working...

pruning lots of news trees! we name them in Catalonia 'Boix' (Buxus sempervirens). We rescued them from a hedge that has been uprooted, we are pruning them to give them the shape of a scale tree, and we have planted them in large pots. As soon as we know which ones will survive, we will plant them in the Panzodrom

others did not work

and then, we ate a big calçotada!

and the family pic

thanks for watching!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Wow! What a spectacular battle field/ground. So much tremendous scenery and fantastic details. I was able to visit the FRAG site South of the Denver area when I lived in Colorado. Another great field.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Ah, Jussek, there is something to go nuts about in every photo. I would call your Panzodrom the ultimate in awe-inspiring RC fun! I keep opening the photos in a viewer in which I can enlarge them some to see details of the vehicles, the buildings, the food, the happy people. I admire it all.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hell of a happy crowd. The scenery and constructed objects are fantastic, as are the models, and Im certain so is the feast afterwards.
Ive got to get myself there, I really do.
Jerez MotoGP, seafood Paella, and Panzergruppe Tarraco, whats more to like ? :D
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:29 am Jerez MotoGP, seafood Paella, and Panzergruppe Tarraco, whats more to like ? :D
Sangria?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Estnische wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:59 am
HERMAN BIX wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:29 am Jerez MotoGP, seafood Paella, and Panzergruppe Tarraco, whats more to like ? :D
Sangria?
Ok, yeah, maybe, but I will need a chaperone :shifty: :shh:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Thanks a lot for your words guys!

Herman, don't worry, there is a Hotel next to the Panzodrom, several volunteers would accompany you to your room if needed!

best regards
Jussek

Estnische

Post by Estnische »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:30 am
Estnische wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:59 am
Sangria?
Ok, yeah, maybe, but I will need a chaperone :shifty: :shh:
OK I will make sure I am there - I can speak Spanish for you - Hola amigos!

Return to “Battlefield Construction”