Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Panzergruppe Tarraco scenery: the Panzodrom

Post by Jussek »

hello guys

talking about the 'pionierebrücke'... as I'm a bit of a rivetcounter, i did not like the way it was finished... so after thanking our friend for the work done, i put myself on the way to solve some of the faults...

before:

i almost dismantled the bridge, to relocate some of the beams, and cut new ones discarding the ones that were too short...

then i put it on his place, in order to calculate the supports sizes, and cut the logs in situ

building the timber frames for the supports (they will be detachable to save storage/transport space)

then i completely reconstructed from zero the railing, supports and tensioners...

i weathered the wood with a very diluted mix of Judea's bitumen:

say hello to Günther

at this point I have not decided yet how to finish it, with planks, with a layer of soil, both... or as it is now.

thanks for watching chaps!

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Magnificent work Mr Jussek.............its no problem watching on I can assure you :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Magnificent work Mr Jussek.............its no problem watching on I can assure you :thumbup:
thank you very much Herman :thumbup:
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow that tiger looks so realistic crossing the bridge. Super job
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

c.rainford73 wrote:Wow that tiger looks so realistic crossing the bridge. Super job Image
:D thanks mate!
Jussek

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Awesome, nice bridge.
Don't fire that King Tiger off with the turret turned, you probably knock that bridge of its supports and float down the river! haha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Will01Capri wrote:Awesome, nice bridge.
Don't fire that King Tiger off with the turret turned, you probably knock that bridge of its supports and float down the river! haha
LOL! Don't worry the bridge caretaker has informed all the panzerkommandanten that this is strictly verboten ;D ;D
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

evening chaps

i've been spinning my mind on how the hell finish the surface of the bridge :crazy: ... for one side i like very much the look of the beams and 'logs'.. but in our club there are several vehicles that have limited off road capabilities or are fussy (kubel wagens, schwimmwagen and a BMW R75 with sidecar), so the motorbike will have serious issues travelling there, so i decided to put planks

first i extended these planks all over the bridge

but the guy who built it was a bit disappointed, so i decided finally to build only two wide gangplanks

this weekend i will extend some soil to fill space between the logs, so that those little bastards can drive without many problems :thumbup:

best regards!
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi gentlemen

today we have extended a bit the forest, this time with 20 little Chamaecyparis lawsoniana, we hope they will grow soon to scale...

this is how they look now:

also, today we have finished the main road (that is, we have run out of tiles... :haha: )

it seem to make an strange twist once converging to the main bridge access, but this point actually is a crossroads, so it lacks still two of the arms :haha:

and an old wall from an old cottage, here there will be some ruins soon

that's all for today guys

best regards!
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

good evening sirs

yesterday we expended several hours trying to clean the riverbed, some days ago we have had severe storms and all the place was a big pool. After the water seeps away, they remained an all around cover of silt. I say trying because we have not finished the job... and the next sunday 21 we have a big meeting there! :crazy:

today i have worked alone so i couldn't clean the riverbed, but this what i have done ;D

the third 'arm' of the crossroads, leading to the river gorges and the watch path, but then, we have put there a fixed bridge, the third one ;D

the bridge itself

with some textured rollers i tried to print some cobblestone looking

i hope this could do some grip to the wheels and tracks...

well, this bridge is only 25cm width.. so some ice nerves to the driver who dares to cross this gorge over a 25cm deep river... @)

that's all guys

best regards
Jussek

Return to “Battlefield Construction”