Out Of The Box Panther (pantiger)

Fixes and mods for the HL Panther
Wolftone
Lance Corporal

Re: Out Of The Box Panther (pantiger)

Post by Wolftone »

Nitrotek Told me i had a Panther g coming then one of those turned up in the post. As it was obviously a Tiger 1 hull & the tracks appeared to be the same i just put a tiger upper hull, back & turret on it. No-one's noticed so far. This was before i knew this forum existed. Had i found here first i would have had the Honesty & integrity of Dave Forgebear as a supplier, & the great work of the member's to inspire. I am unable to work at my own tanks due to being in the middle of house renovation (it would have been simpler, & probably cheaper to buy a real Tank & flatten the place with it) & running my own buisness using up all my space & time. But i still keep a watch on the great tanks being built just to keep my mouth watering.
Great job on your Pan/ther it must be said.
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by littletankman »

Hi thanks mate , You should of returned your Pantiger . This was a long build , I did abandon the Pantiger turret in favor of the recoiling Panther G version ( from Dave) and changed the electronics to the RX18 . I did back date it and remove the chin . There is loads of alterations made to this Pantiger a lot cant be seen on the pictures . I've always preferred the Panther A as this is just about . To convert a Panther G to a A would require a lot of work to . But i think theres kits out there . I have a Panther G sitting in my to do pile . And a Jagdpanther which Im back dating to the first model.

Andy
Mark01
Recruit

Post by Mark01 »

I ordered a Panther G from a company in England and got the so-called Pantiger. I was profoundly disappointed. However, from what I've read above, it IS possible to modify it to look reasonably close to what it's supposed to be. Just making the glacis plate right would go a long way to fixing it. The big question is: Is this a difficult operation? Is there anything behind that butt-ugly front which will make a repair job difficult - like circuit boards or other electrical/mechanical components? I have a WSN Tiger I and a WSN T34, and both are excellent reproductions of the real McCoy, except that both of them stopped working after about 3 hours of use. What the blazes would have malfunctioned in such a short time to stop both these lovely tanks? Do they have inherent design flaws in their electrics? I haven't tried to open them up to check the workings yet because I'm not too sure I'd be able to pinpoint any faulty part anyway. Any ideas, folks?
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

My Pantiger (Panther)

The first day it came back home, I've found something wrong with this tank; first, the tank cannot pass obstacle due to its chassis raise forward further than its tracks. When it hits a vertical obstacle, it hits with the chassis, not the tracks, so the tracks cannot climb. second, the suspensions are hard compared to its weight (it weight about 2kg). third, very difficult to control at low speed. if you drive at minimum speed, sometime only one track rolls and if you want to make small turn at low speed, it spins. finally, the tracks always derail when driving on rocky surface.

One the first play, I broke the "spare" track at the front chassis due to hard hit into rocks (the first photo has no spare track). then the main gun got jammed due to sand and I have to disassemble the tank into pieces to find out what happen to the gun and clean it.

However, I ask my friend who lives in China to buy some upgrade components for me such as the metal tracks, metal driving sprockets and idlers and the metal gearbox.
H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

Pantiger turrets are great to add to a panther g deck and hull if you want to make an earlier variant of panther so far i have made a panther type A using this formula, THIS means cutting out the turret ring and inserting into the g deck, some other parts are useful too.
I then changed exhaust stack to correct 3 and 1 after doing research.
Imagefinal pic of the A type build completed . also after doing more research changed exhaust stacks to 3 and 1 using pantgigers exhausts which were more authentic for this type A model and added stowage/spare roadwheel to turret, and added decals ser nos
i also changed the barrel for g type as more to scale, i have just started another build using same formula for a panther ausf d type , you can see it under general discussion tiger tigers d type panther build of conversion so far

Regards stu
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

littletankman wrote:Or alter it although Pantiger conversions are never perfect compared to the Panther G by HL .

Here is my one the idea came from Gra I compleatly chopped it up and added a back date Panther G turret.

very nice work there, i can appreciate how much has gone into this one

Regards stu
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC

Return to “HL Pantiger (Panther)”