RX 18 wiring??

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Gerula
Recruit

Re: RX 18 wiring??

Post by Gerula »

Hello guys,
Does anyone have the circuit diagram for the Rx18 board? (including denominations for each component) That would be very useful in case of busted boards.

I just purchased a PzIII and it sounds like the smoke unit ins't even pumping, let alone making smoke. Haven't opened it up, but if it's not the wiring there are good chances it's something fried either on the small circuit board of the smoke unit, or on the Rx itself.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

That diagram is posted here in the electronics section,or in several post. here is the link. Complete with diagrams.cheers Saxondog

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... ram#p59591" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Try this one
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Gerula
Recruit

Post by Gerula »

Thank you guys, but I think my english failed me. I don't mean the peripheric circuit of the tank, I mean the circuit diagram of the RX18 itself. Like what transistors and resistors and integrated circuits and so on are in it, with the whole schematics.

Ffrom what I noticed while looking at the pics of the naked RX18, the DC-DC power circuit that feeds the smoke generator is located on the RX18 (not on the small circuit board of the smoke unit, like on earlier revisions) and I suspect this might be busted in my tank.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Have you tried a multimeter on the RX18 socket, if it has a current with the smoke generator switch on, then its the smoke unit that is faulty, if it doesn't then the problem is either the switch or the RX18.

When I took the top hull off my brand new P3 one of the wires to the smoker fell off. I soldered it back on and the other one fell off? These were the ones that are soldered to the resistors on top of the unit.

It's worth checking the solder joints.

I have circuit diagrams for the RX13/14 and receiver boards, along with the signal tables. I will post these up on the 'other' forum sometime, or a link to them if I can get the PDF's stored somewhere.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
cd233u
Recruit

Post by cd233u »

i am fitting a rx18 to my tiger i have 5 wires coming from the gun 2 into 1 plug and 3 in to 1a plug where on the rx unit do i plug them in?
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I think you need to plug it into CN3. Is it Airsoft BB ? The 2 PIN plug is probably your LED on the mantlet and the 3 PIN is probably your Gun trigger perhaps ?
cd233u
Recruit

Post by cd233u »

i have worked out that the 3 wires go to 3 pins in front of the 8 pins on upper hull now just the 2 wires to work out they will not fit in to cn3 on the rx unit the 2 wire come from the back of the gun
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

If the 2 wire is coming from inside the gun then it is the stock flash unit in the barrel. If it is coming from a motor than it is the recoil/airsoft trigger. Can you send a pic ? This might also help you:
Attachments
RX18_Wiring.jpg
RX18_Wiring.jpg (92.93 KiB) Viewed 19578 times
cd233u
Recruit

Post by cd233u »

can,t upload pic but the 2 wire are from the back of the gun not the motor on the side it will not fit in to cn 2 or 3
due to bit on the back of the plug

Return to “Heng Long”