HL Abrams detailing build

This board is for talk about tanks after WW2. The ups and downs. The ins and outs. All of it here.
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: HL Abrams detailing build

Post by greengiant »

Atc Those Metal ones that you rendered unusable would be great to cut off the outside sprocket rings and make into stowage items like the plastic ones I made. you could to the correct scalloped inside edge, fill in the current mounting bolt molding and drill new ones in the correct location and could use a regular drill press to do the work. You'd end up with 4 pieces and I'm pretty sure some of the builders would be happy to pay you a little if you sold what you didn't use to them.

scalawag I found trying to buy stuff directly from the Hobby Raw website to be very frustrating (sometimes up and running other times up but not running) and their shipping costs super high, so much so that I don't even look at their stuff anymore. Even when they post something on Ebay the price looks like a bargain but the shipping cost's can add over 50% to the items sale price.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:Mines old But it has a lithium battery pack and will cut anything my corded one will, just have to go with a little less pressure so the battery doesn't wear down to fast (trying to make the battery last as long as possible).

Used to have two of them, they originally has a built in speed control but those burned out real fast so they only ran at full speed. Then one of the motors wiring shorted out. So I had two battery packs and one tool.

One of the battery packs finally wore out and when I went to look for a replacement found they only made a much smaller less powerful portable ones now and no longer even sell the battery packs or mot0r brushes for ones like mine anymore.
8O Really?????????????? :O ...i had an old model...that was way weaker than the new Dremel cordless models....I got two ...both with lithium batteries....both cannot do the work of a corded so I retired them :haha: ....I wouldn't go as far to say they are useless....the rpm is very good for working with plastic and soft materials....the lack of the cord makes them convenient to use ;) ...but I'll still reach for something with constant power to do anything major :thumbup:

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Never had a problem cutting or grinding anything with mine, even hardened metal parts used in firearms. The only way to make the rpms drop off is to put to much pressure on it.
My corded one is very old and runs as fast as the cordless.
The corded ones only advantage has been that there is no battery to run down so more pressure can be applied when cutting or grinding but that just burns up the cutting disks or burs faster for a slightly faster finished result.
Very seldom even use the corded one anymore.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:Never had a problem cutting or grinding anything with mine, even hardened metal parts used in firearms. The only way to make the rpms drop off is to put to much pressure on it.
My corded one is very old and runs as fast as the cordless.
The corded ones only advantage has been that there is no battery to run down so more pressure can be applied when cutting or grinding but that just burns up the cutting disks or burs faster for a slightly faster finished result.
Very seldom even use the corded one anymore.
You wanna trade Giant :haha: :haha: I'll give you the two I got and just take that one you got :D

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Not until its battery is shot.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

greengiant wrote:Not until its battery is shot.
:O ...............If it got to that point I may as well just give you the two I don't use :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Wouldn't have them If they are as poorly power powerful as you describe them.
When mine runs out will have to make them let me check what they are offering in the store to make sure I get at least the power of the old beater I have now.
Never bought their oscillating cutting tool because it was so weak compared to Big corded Rockwell version I have.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

What battery is in yours?.... Mine has the triangular lithium pack

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Hard to describe shape as overall its shaped like tool, but like larger battery packs the part of the pack that plugs into the tool is kind of square with one of the sides bowed out.

The battery pack does not all fit into the tool, just the end of it.

The whole tool with the battery installed is as large as a corded Dremel.
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

After seeing scalawags water bottles had to add some to mine.
Also added igloo cooler ( a 1/12 scale dollhouse piece that had to be cut down to 1/16th scale and the smallest of the "ice" pieces picked out of the bag they send with the cooler ) and a can of WD 40.

The cooler will be closed and in the bustle rack so all the water bottles will be visible on the turret top somewhere.
Made a car window type slip on drink holder to hang in front of the loaders hatch on the CITV towers rear cover to hold one bottle.
Attachments
004.JPG
002.JPG

Return to “Modern Tanks”