New Heng Long Gearbox

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
jeff1101
Corporal

New Heng Long Gearbox

Post by jeff1101 »

Found this is at AliExpress. (I have ordered there at one time). The gearbox looks badass, even though the final gear looks like its made of brass. Nice colors and all the gear spindles looks like they are in bearings.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Heng-Lon ... 30331.html
mike1268
Corporal

Re: New Heng Long Gearbox

Post by mike1268 »

Installed this in my Stug, the gearbox its self is very good. The final gear is brass, but it runs like a dream. The metal walls of the gearbox are solid, no flex at all, so its less likley to strip gears.

It was advertised as upgraded motors, cant say ive noticed any difference in performance from the motors. probably just a 300 or 380? Still struggles to spin on the spot on grass.

Gear box I would give 8/10
(2 points lost for non changable gear ratio and didnt need to be coloured, could have cut costs a little)

Motors I give 2/10.
(They are no better then the originals IMO other then they are spade connectors rather then solder. But I have no issue soldering.)
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Are each of the gear shafts on ball bearings? They look like ball bearings rather than brass bushings. That would be awesome!
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

it says no longer a vailable....

They still have the flange bearing gearboxes, with steel gears, for $50 and $60. The higher price comes with the blue motors, i have a set they are worth it. The blue motors are powerful and have plenty of torque. I have these in my panther G, they are very good, very smooth, the tank even coasts to a stop when i cut the power!
The difference i see is the metal is much thicker. I have read some peopel take an old gearbox housing, make a cut at the curve of the sheetmetal to make a side piece and a bottom piece. box and double them up to give more strength to the gearbox.
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

bump
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

thanks!
atcttge
Sergeant

Post by atcttge »

This looks like the Ultimate Edition II gearboxes for other HL tanks I've seen on eBay.
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

i clicked this link again today and they have 1000 of them available now - my last comment time i checked and they didnt have any now they have a lot, for 115 US shipped. These are different from the kind i got - that were 60 US a pair, and nothing like the ones shown. No brass gear, they are very similar to the black gears except for - the flange bearings on all the gears plus a more power ful motor. These are different, the metal of the gear housing as pointed out, is significantly thicker. If i werent slowly getting out of the hobby (cost) i would really like to try a pair of these in my king tiger!
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

The only difference is the thicker metal, i have one of these with the bearings, its $75. It works very well as you'd imagine. It actually coasts to a stop the friction is so low.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HENG-LON ... eb201560_9

Return to “Hobby News”