HL M1A2 ABRAMS upgrade/super detail .... Hopefully

jarndice
Colonel

Re: HL M1A2 ABRAMS upgrade/super detail .... Hopefully

Post by jarndice »

According to a thread on RC UNIVERSE the tracks are interchangeable although the ABRAM's sprockets are a little tight initially, some people say that the LEO 2a6 tracks are an improvement over the Abram's o/e, If you can get hold of a cheap set or a friend already has a LEO, why not swap and see? :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

When looking at the prime portal pictures realize that some are pictures sets of M1A2's, M1A2 SEP V1 and M1A2 SEP V2 all mixed together on some of what's there. look up photo large photo sets sent to the site by one person for the version your tying to do.
Last edited by greengiant on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

The tamiya leo 2 tracks fit the HL Abrams ...and a lot lot better
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

I just received my package from Tankarmy, and am needing some instruction on how to install the front through axle and the support roller axles. Can anyone send some pointers?
I've got the HL M1A2 1/16 scale...with upgraded steel track, steel gears but I bought a better tranny with bearings...also all new steel road wheels with bearings and springs.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hi keno, when you say front axle are you talking about a henntec, or is it a different brand? I did a video on the henntec not long ago if you'd like to see it. I just got done (well, almost done) with my Abrams and did a build log if you think it will help. Just let me know if you need a link. I, too, added metal tracks, roadwheels suspension, etc, etc.

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

Max-U52,
I've got the HL Abrams tank. I just installed the front thru axle with metal road wheel and bearings. Looking for the 360 slip ring now that I have the metal ring gear.
I would like to see your video build if you would send me the link that would be great. I would eventually want to add the Abrams sound and a few other goodies. Any advise or pictures are welcome. I do have the -10 tech manual along with the rest of the manuals in my library for the Abrams and it does show a lot of drawn pictures of the details as far as maintenance goes for the crew and mechanics. BTW, Your Abrams looks great!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Keno, I posted that in HL builds in the modern section, and sometimes I can't find it myself!! ;)

Here's a link to the build log so far:

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=22135

I finished the armored glass (what a job!!) and I need to update the build thread but I probably won't get to it until the weekend. For now I'll show it to you here, and hope no one yells. ;) :/ @)

phpBB [video]

What are you planing for electronics? (you probably already told us, but the hippie brain is like that)

I still have the stock HL in mine, but I have an IBU2 Pro just sitting here doing nothing ...

What do ya think?

:wave: :wave: :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

Max-U52,

Where did you get the lenses for your periscopes? Are they home built? And what did you paint them with? On the real Abrams the coating is used to protect the crew by filtering the laser light that the the laser range finder sends down range.
keno
Recruit

Post by keno »

I saw your build thread...looks great! I now understand the Henntec now that I saw it. Where did you purchase it? Do you have a list showing where all your custom items were purchased?

Thnx, Keno
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Keno, I can answer all that when I get home from work. One of the things I always forget is the time difference. I think the UK is 6 hours ahead of me. Anyway, I got the hentec from ETO Armor, and the lenses are scratch build. I think I have a more detailed video on that, but I used two kinds of plastic sandwiched together with canopy glue. I'm really looking forward to your build and I'll help all I can.

Return to “Modern Builds”