First Meeting of Grantham Club.

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: First Meeting of Grantham Club.

Post by 971wright »

Hi Denzil Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting , will make it to one of them that's for sure.

regards pete
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Best of luck to your new club from a Colonial Club across the pond. CanAm R/C Tank Club Canada... :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Thanks for the comments guy's Just glad everthing went well, and hope the club goes onwards and upwards.
regards Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

You have done well. looks like a great venue, and once word spreads it will grow.

I am just so puzzled as to why there is so much interest in the tanks oop North, but very little down South? I have never got my head around that one?

Best of luck with this venture, and if I get the chance I will attend one of your meets later in the year.

Cheers

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

OMG! where do I sign up? I only live accross town.

I dont have a tank yet, I'm looking at getting the tamiya panzer IV but its quite a big investment without looking into it first. Would I be ok to tag along to the next meet?

Oh, also would I be ok to take pictures?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Mike, you don't have to jump in the deep end and buy a really expensive tank (although I would love a Tamiya panzer IV). I started off with a Heng Long Tiger 1 purchased as spares or repair on ebay for £25 and spent another £10 getting it working. It was a great learning experience and I have lots of help and advice from the guys on the forum who really are fantastic! My advice is buy a cheapy first and get into tanking by reading the posts and going to the meets if you can. Maybe one of the forum guys has a tank they want to sell, or they will give you advice on what to buy and MOST IMPORTANTLY who to buy it from (see the recommended vendors and vendors blacklist on the forum). Anyway welcome to the forum and happy tanking. :wave: :thumbup: Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

I went in the local model shop at lunch. They had the heng long tiger 1. Was really tempted to get it, its not a bad model for the price and as you say can be improved. I wanted something I couldnt get in the Tamiya range, if I get into this in a big way I still want the panzer IV. So I have the heng long stug on order with the IR system. Hopefuly I don't break it before the 12th April. Do you know if the upgrade tracks and drive wheels for the panzer III fit the stug?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mike the tracks from the Panzer 111 will fit the STUG and if you are ever having problems getting parts for it, do remember that a fair amount of parts from the Panzer 4 will also fit including Tracks. :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Spot on. Mr Jarndice is all over it. Just that the same tracks are shorter on the III is all.
There are also now 'Winterketten" available widespread.
I have seen 'Ostketten' being made EX Germany, but the cost is still pretty prohibitive even if you are paid in Lbs(Pounds !)
Lucky you to be 'up river' from an enthusiastic group of like minded jokers ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

Not made my mind up what paint job to give it yet. Once I find a scheme I like, I will upgrade the tracks to suit the era that scheme was used :)

Return to “Events / Days out”