The 3D Printer Thread

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: The 3D Printer Thread

Post by jee »

AlwynTurner wrote:I find that using thick copper wire stripped from mains cables works quite well for thin wires/tubes as it is easier to bend and shape.

Alwyn :wave: :thumbup:
Thanks Alwyn, great tip :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I bought a printer the other night after being shown a good deal from a friend.
Got myself a Elegoo Saturn, have been eagerly waiting to get one for ages, even made a quick video unboxing and was going to do a series of videos using it, setting it up and doing some work on it

phpBB [video]

Only one big problem is that it has arrived and is bust!
The seller on Amazon i bought it from also just pushed me back to Amazon returns, so looks like it has to go back.
Down side is i have to buy another and they are now back up in price (oh bugger)
They did suggest contacting Elegoo support, so maybe they are going to be more helpful, we will see.

Anyway i know from other user experiences it is a good printer, so will have to get another as i plan on using it to print the shells of some of the larger models i have been designing recently.

Please dont laugh, i hate it when i buy things and they turn out to be defunkt
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The latest CURA 4.13.1 appears to be approx 20% faster printing than the previous version. I've used it on half a dozen prints and it really does generate faster prints. :thumbup:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

AlwynTurner wrote:The latest CURA 4.13.1 appears to be approx 20% faster printing than the previous version. I've used it on half a dozen prints and it really does generate faster prints. :thumbup:

Hello,
I can confirm that.
It's incredible, but the quality is good.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I thought about playing with some sla printed parts on the weekend. The 1m rangefinder has come up really nicely

Swivels, also pulls apart for stowage and has height adjustable legs that also fold in or out
Need to get on and make the box for it next.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Well I have finally got fed up with my ender 3 max not keeping its z axis level. When the bed gets hot after a few prints I was constantly having to tweak the level screws under the bed. My cr-10 is totally reliable and once the z axis is set and leveled it can run for weeks without adjustment. So finally I ordered a cr touch level auto adjustment for the ender. Easy to fit but it took 6 attempts to find the right firmware and get it set and calibrated, but hopefully that's the end of my z axis issues. :/ :crazy: 8O

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Alwyn where did you find the firmware for the cr touch? I'm going to be adding it to my ender 3 printer.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Carl, I downloaded the firmware from the creality accessory 9section under cr touch firmware for 32 bit motherboard. Don't download from the printer specific Download section as I couldn't get these to work. I'll lòk for the specific link tomorrow and send it to you.

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thank you Alwyn :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

AlwynTurner wrote:Well I have finally got fed up with my ender 3 max not keeping its z axis level. When the bed gets hot after a few prints I was constantly having to tweak the level screws under the bed. My cr-10 is totally reliable and once the z axis is set and leveled it can run for weeks without adjustment. So finally I ordered a cr touch level auto adjustment for the ender. Easy to fit but it took 6 attempts to find the right firmware and get it set and calibrated, but hopefully that's the end of my z axis issues. :/ :crazy: 8O

Alwyn, I already have some time the CRtouch installed, but still some problems with my Z-axs. Seriously thinking to upgrade that to linear rails but again costs money.
I wll have to consider maybe to change to another printer will be cheaper in the end
Regards,
Jaap :wave:

Return to “3D Printing”