Bristol Armoured Division

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
TKcommander
Corporal

Re: Bristol Armoured Division

Post by TKcommander »

We have had a fabulous donation to the club........

Thanks go out to the Manchester Armoured division.

I also have a scale church commissioned, to be made by one of their experienced modellers.

You may notice Rob I have a reasonable sized space in gravel and grass available for an outdoor summer meet as an option one hour drive south east of Bristol. (South somerset ranges?)!

I will make myself available for the Thornbury show.... George from MAD who has family in Bristol would like to help with a static display and can bring a 1/16 scale tank landing craft amongst things.

Also a few extra photos you can use on my photobucket..... :thumbup:
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well a big thanks to the MAD crowd, I have driven across that bridge many a time. :thumbup:

I already pinched three of your pics, they are in the gallery on the website (link below), so thanks for the offer.

Your driveway looks pretty good for tanks, and you are about 40 miles south of me so easy travelling distance in the summer. I have a friend down there so I am familiar with the place (I think I even had a pint in the local once).

We have a few interested in the show, and the organiser tells me that the paperwork will go out in March, so we will have to wait until then before we can do anymore. This is the first time that they will have RC models, and if we are definate they will hire an extra hall to give us some decent space.

If anyone in the area is reading this and wants to join up, please make yourself known, the group is just starting out and the more the merrier. No need to worry about whether your tank is a state of the art model, we all started out with the basics, and grew from there, and we only did it by meeting and chatting to others.

Cheers

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

wibblywobbly wrote: I already pinched three of your pics, they are in the gallery on the website (link below), so thanks for the offer.
I noticed so added a much nicer pic of the Leo. The Bridge and Charlie company.
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Looks awesome, can't wait guys.

John
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Bogeyman now has no excuses about getting his 3 ton Tiger finished. All done mate, hope this is how you wanted it. :wave:

The recoil parameters can be adjusted on the SD card, but best bet is to wait until your final install and see whether your tx throws the servo's the same way as mine. That way all the settings can be adjusted in one go.

Cheers

RobG

Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Rob, that looks amazing mate, will pop round tomorrow, say mid morning if that's ok.

John
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

No probs, just give me a bell when you are on your way.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just a bump to say that if anyone in the area is interested in a get together, then let me know. We can hire a hall if we have sufficient numbers, cost is in the region of £60, so 10 people means around £5 person. With the warmer weather arriving an outdoors meet is always a possibility, if we can find somewhere to run the tanks.

No need to worry about IR battling etc, it isn't mandatory, anyone is more than welcome to run any tank or armoured vehicle around, it's only BB's that we need to avoid.

We have some top modellers in the area, so for those that have never been to a meet before you will find enthusiastic help and advice on hand, and endless discussion on all aspects of builds, electronics and anything else relating to 1/16 tanks.

There is a link to the B.A.D website in my signature, and I should be hearing about the Thornbury show by the end of this month. It is a large well organised show, and covers every aspect of modelling, exhibitors get free entry of course. The trade stands are always good at these shows, and some give a discount to other exhibitors. If they allocate us a large indoor area in one of the sports halls, it will be an ideal opportunity to show off what we do and attract new members, plus we get to run our tanks all day. :S

If you want to use the Division logo then go ahead, it can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=178&t=13984

I will post any updates both here and on the website to keep everyone in the loop.

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Thornbury Model Show
Sunday 9th August 2015

http://www.ipmsavon.org.uk/shows.php

http://bristolarmoureddivision.weebly.com/

(I see that one trader has already signed up selling RC tanks - Mainly Military Models)

The show organiser rang me today, so I am posting details of the conversation here.

We will have an area 6m x 6m to set up a display.
They will supply some chairs that we can use either to sit on, or to fasten a plastic barrier onto.
They will also supply 3 x 6ft tables that we can use to display the tanks.
One electrical socket will be available for a charger or anything else that we want to use it for.

He has made a couple of requests, quite reasonable seeing as we are demonstrating at a model show.

1. We put on a display every 30 minutes, or hourly, so tanks etc at least mobile for around 20 mins every hour.
2. There are other exhibitors nearby, eg model railways etc. They will be running their layouts every hour, so when they are running we don't, or we at least turn the sounds off. As some tanks are 'very' loud and we are indoors, I suggest that we keep sounds down or off when we are running them.

We do not need any insurance, their show liability insurance will cover us. We will keep our area screened off so that the public cannot enter it, and put up some signs saying no admittance etc.

All those attending will of course get free passes to the show for the day.

Things to do:

!!! We will need some of that plastic builders site mesh to screen off the area, or a roll of 'crime scene' tape. :problem:

!!! I will need to know who wishes to attend. If we can get at least 5 members there with a good display of tanks, mobile or static, and some scenery, then we should be able to put on a good show.

I will copy this to everywhere that I can think of, so that anyone who is interested won't miss it, if you have any questions then drop me a PM, telephone, text or whatever.

It's only a day, so no overnight accommadation expenses, and we will have a nice hard, flat floor to run the tanks on, so no mowing grass ,no gazebo's to erect, and it won't matter if it rains. :thumbup:

Hopefully see you there.

Cheers

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi rob

I will be there ...with north Somerset imps ......

Return to “Club Discussion”