What's in the box?

Lert
Sergeant

What's in the box?

Post by Lert »

As hinted at earlier, I bought a new tank, and promised you good folks an unboxing. The tank arrived, and as such, an unboxing you shall have!

The box:

Without the wrapping paper:

Yes. I left the safety of ancient armor and ventured into more modern stuff with a Torro Leopard 2A6, with 2.4 ghz system and metal gearboxes! So excited, like a kid in a candy store!

Box open, bits out.

Tank removed from the box. It's so huge that it doesn't fit into a standard HL sized box without turning the turret 175 degrees around! Pixtures don't do it justice.

The additional bits that were stowed in various places in the styrofoam ... Now all that's left is opening the bits box with all the additional detail parts for the Leopard 2A6!

............ Waitaminit. Those look like - ...

Goddamnit. They sent a bit box with Tiger I detail parts instead of Leopard 2A6 detail parts. My disappointment is quite sizable.

Right. Not gonna 'touch' the tank until this is fixed. I've sent the store a polite e-mail with the complaint and asked for further instructions. Let's just hope it's an easy swap and they send out the correct parts tomorrow.

*sigh*
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: What's in the box?

Post by ALPHA »

Boy Lert.... at first I was going to offer some congrats...but read down...that is some situation...I hope they just send you the correct detail parts box :thumbup:

Good luck buddy :thumbup:

ALPHA
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Thanks. I'll post updates ofcourse.

My plan for this beauty is to turn it into a Leopard 2A6NL, from before 'we' sold all of our Leo's, a few years ago. The main visual difference is a different layout of smoke dispensers, and some different markings.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Did it come with the TX with the smoke and sound control build on to it?

ALPHA
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Had to laugh, they sent a Tiger sprue instead of Leopard? Well, they are both cats?? :haha:

Some poor soul somewhere is trying to fit some Leopard smoke dischargers onto his Tiger turret. .... :shifty:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

ALPHA wrote:Did it come with the TX with the smoke and sound control build on to it?
If those are the little 'v' and 's' buttons at the bottom right where the 27 MHz transmitters have the crystal then yes.
wibblywobbly wrote:Had to laugh, they sent a Tiger sprue instead of Leopard? Well, they are both cats?? :haha:

Some poor soul somewhere is trying to fit some Leopard smoke dischargers onto his Tiger turret. .... :shifty:
Yeah, I can laugh about it now. I wasn't laughing when I realized, though.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Lert wrote: If those are the little 'v' and 's' buttons at the bottom right where the 27 MHz transmitters have the crystal then yes.
:clap: :clap: That's the good one :D
Yeah, I can laugh about it now. I wasn't laughing when I realized, though.
Did your vendor say they would send you the replacement box of parts?

ALPHA
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

ALPHA wrote: That's the good one :D
Well, I'm glad I've got the good one. But, there's also a 'bad' one?
ALPHA wrote: Did your vendor say they would send you the replacement box of parts?
It's sunday. Give them a chance to respond! I'm expecting a reply e-mail tomorrow.
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Doublepost ahoy! I'm sure you'll forgive me since this is the next day and an actual update.

Toemen replied back apologizing for the mix-up and promising to send the correct box of detail bits ASAP. No word whether they even want the box of Tiger bits back. I'm kinda hoping not since those smoke dischargers, pioneer tools and even mudfenders would come in handy in other builds.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Lert wrote:
Well, I'm glad I've got the good one. But, there's also a 'bad' one?
Nah..there's just the old one :haha: ....the new one is much better...and there's going to be another gen coming that's even better :D

It's sunday. Give them a chance to respond! I'm expecting a reply e-mail tomorrow.
Good luck with that....similar thing happened with my KT ...I ordered the Pro version and they sent me the one below...but after a few emails they send me the metal gearboxes tracks sprockets idlers everything...and didn't ask for the plastic parts back ;) ...reason in general dealing with a company named Mideatech is an awesome experience :D

ALPHA

Return to “Leopard”