Pak 40

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Pak 40

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
I dunno, now that I've seen that the 251 can be set up for RC function with existing electronics and Asiatam tracks, that will be a project this Winter. After that I want to look into a WWII era diecast Bulldozer or as you noted, a Sherman Dozer. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Painless, go look at my thread for tracks for the 251 and follow the link to a detailed build of one. That person used Panzer 111 plastic tracks with modified drive sprockets I'm thinking of going this route as it will lower the cost as opposed to used the Asiatam Famo tracks.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
I dunno, now that I've seen that the 251 can be set up for RC function with existing electronics and Asiatam tracks, that will be a project this Winter. After that I want to look into a WWII era diecast Bulldozer or as you noted, a Sherman Dozer. ;o)
regards,
Painless
I should talk EH...What can I say Painless...you have "THE TANKS ARE COMING"...I have GUP :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jack,
Thanks for the link. I read up on the build this morning. That fellow is very inventive. ... Alpha, That's the nice thing about this Hobby. Something different every single day. ;o)
regards, Gentlemen,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha, That's the nice thing about this Hobby. Something different every single day. ;o)
regards, Gentlemen,
Painless
It's nice to have a cause eh Painless ;)

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
I'm not sure about a cause but I sure enjoy the Effect. ;o) Here's another pic with a couple of fellows standing Guard until a Firing Crew shows up.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Standing Watch and awaiting the Firing Crew
Standing Watch and awaiting the Firing Crew
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
I'm not sure about a cause but I sure enjoy the Effect. ;o) Here's another pic with a couple of fellows standing Guard until a Firing Crew shows up.
regards,
Painless
Maybe Sass will join in on your cause...I gave him a copy of "THE TANKS ARE COMING"..found the title on EBAY...they arrived yesterday...so I gave him one when he came to pick up some fresh Mangos :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Another Sketchnite' meant another day out and a visit to the Flea Market. I lucked into another cool find. A 1/18 Dodge Command Car in the Extreme Detail line with all accessories and a couple of figures for 32.00 U.S. Pictures:

P.S. A notch on the Board for the Allies!
Attachments
There's a strong possibility that the body and wheels could be dropped onto an RC Jeep chassis.
There's a strong possibility that the body and wheels could be dropped onto an RC Jeep chassis.
There is still room for some additional paint and detail.  One of those extra nice Tamiya .50 cals...
There is still room for some additional paint and detail. One of those extra nice Tamiya .50 cals...
Figures are high quality as well.
Figures are high quality as well.
Nicely detailed motor
Nicely detailed motor
Super detailed with a bunch of moving and opening parts.
Super detailed with a bunch of moving and opening parts.
Out of Production  and greatly desired by me at least
Out of Production and greatly desired by me at least
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

And just another vehicle that just happened to be in the movie "THE TANKS ARE COMING" :haha: :haha: :haha:

Too Cool Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Thanks, my friend! I spend time and actually look for new kit for the Diorama sets now. Golden Age of Modeling stuff. Perfect for us big kids, no subliminals needed. ;o)
Regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”