Pak 40

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Pak 40

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
I have been longing for an RC 'Blitz' for some time. This foray into large scale cannons gives me the opportunity to take RC away from strictly 'tanks' and branch out a bit into other military equipment.
regards and a prosperous New Years to you as well, my friend.
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Tiger x2 and Steelhammer,
Thank you, gentlemen! Things like this definitely help round out Tanks ( and give a great excuse to do more RC ;o) I was really pleased when I saw that there were a lot of points built up on my Amazon card. I'm saving them up now for something else cool, a Taigen tank or Torro Opel Blitz.
regards and Happy New Years,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Steelhammer
Lance Corporal

Post by Steelhammer »

That's what I had......Amazon card but they stopped the rewards here in UK - that's typical! >:<
Tamiya King Tiger (no options)
Taigen Full Metal T34 (winter)
Heng Long Challenger II (European camo')
Tamiya Tiger I full options (still in the box)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Magman,
Those poor fellows had it tough there. Whew! I was sitting here thinking about the 'Garden' thread and wondering how I could section off some backyard from the depredations of the greyhounds to have roads and permanent buildings and scenery to run my tanks in? It would take a lot of work since the weather out here is ferocious with desert heat in the summer, high winds in all seasons and deep snow in the autumn and winter. Scale comes into play as well since 1/16 vehicles and equipment take up some room and require even more to move around. Something to think about for future years.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

I like that lots and love the crewman
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Horses,
Thank you! 21st Century and Ultimate Soldier did all of us a huge Service by doing such well detailed equipment and soldiers to accent our tanks and dioramas. Their torch has been passed to companies like Dragon who are doing a bang up job as well.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
I have been longing for an RC 'Blitz' for some time. This foray into large scale cannons gives me the opportunity to take RC away from strictly 'tanks' and branch out a bit into other military equipment.
regards and a prosperous New Years to you as well, my friend.
Painless
Nothing wrong with that Painless :D You must go where the passion leads ...so to say...it's nice divergence ....May i suggest to remember the Star Trek prime directive...that being though no interference with the progression of another civilization is allowed... that once it is...if there is an opposing side..they must be equipped to the same measure ;) ...Basically saying...now you need an allied mobile gun :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
I went looking on EvilBay and there was not a lot there ( almost nothing ) A couple of German Flak 36s in 1:18 and one British diecast towed artillery piece in 1:18 that would need a tremendous amount of detailing. I had better luck in trucks with an Ultimate Soldier version Dodge 1.5 ton troop carrier, the WC63 and a couple of those 21st Century Indiana Jones type Mercedes in 1:18. I don't know if 21st Century made their 150 and 155s in 1:18.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
I went looking on EvilBay and there was not a lot there ( almost nothing ) A couple of German Flak 36s in 1:18 and one British diecast towed artillery piece in 1:18 that would need a tremendous amount of detailing. I had better luck in trucks with an Ultimate Soldier version Dodge 1.5 ton troop carrier, the WC63 and a couple of those 21st Century Indiana Jones type Mercedes in 1:18. I don't know if 21st Century made their 150 and 155s in 1:18.
regards,
Painless
Yup ... those 1/18th scale models are pretty popular...about a year ago there was a lot more listed than now...could be timing...the holidays had items flying out the door...seems at the moment the only listings that survive...are where the sellers have really inflated the prices :thumbdown:

With that said...it's still fun to browse.... I did get a good deal on a Mutt...to strip down for it's wheels ...so like always with EBAY...patience is the key ;)

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

While thinking hard about an Opel Blitz for the Pak 40, another Amazon reward came up and I used it on a nice WWII version Citroen by Maisto in 1:18 scale. The car was already a 'Special Edition' with the camo and wired engine, etc. As per usual, shipping had shaken a couple of things loose so I took the opportunity to detail it out a bit more. Painted wooden steering wheel with color matched cap and horn, chromed (w\paint) shifter and interior door handles and rear view mirror. Touched up the exterior bits and engine. I gave half a thought to RC since the steering is functional with a working suspension but it would be more of a hassle than it's worth. Too much of the car would have to go bye to make room for electronics, battery and servos. So, I'm back to mooning for a nice truck. I'll get a nice figure or two for the car. Cool diorama fodder if nothing else. ;o) Pics:
Attachments
Possibly some black out lenses but the lamps are pretty nice as is.
Possibly some black out lenses but the lamps are pretty nice as is.
Nice clear acrylic touches vs the painted over signals
Nice clear acrylic touches vs the painted over signals
It's sizeable and must have been an Offizer's transport
It's sizeable and must have been an Offizer's transport
I really like the swabbed and brushed on effects
I really like the swabbed and brushed on effects
Serious paint
Serious paint
Maisto  1:18 Citroen
Maisto 1:18 Citroen
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”