Any thoughts

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Any thoughts

Post by Jake79 »

That does suck Alpha...I haven't had much luck lately either.....theres plenty more out there..just seems every thing I have me eye on..everyone else does too..... >:<
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:That does suck Alpha...I haven't had much luck lately either.....theres plenty more out there..just seems every thing I have me eye on..everyone else does too..... >:<
Yeah those guys have some really good deals going sometimes... last month I had to watch a normally 2000.00 dollar engine go for 700. :thumbdown: ...not sure I would want to deal with them if that's their policy though...as there is just something strange to me...about them willing to sell from their website ...but not their auctions... I mean what difference does it make :crazy:

Still waiting on the GG1... that seller was very cool...said he had another passenger car for the set ...but the wheels had fallen off...had a bit of a laugh with him about it as we spoke through the message system on Ebay...he said he would throw that one in for free :haha:

It's really what I'm waiting for...that busted car ..the way he described it ..it's got to be a barrel of fun :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey Jake...the GG1 is in ....man it isn't in prime shape...figures it's the reason it was listed so low in price... Sorry no pictures yet... as the entire set reeked of mothballs 8O ....suffice to say... though it was rough...I was able to get a general overview and see what needed to be done...the broken car wasn't as bad as the seller described... needs a wheel..which I have spares....and one of the pantographs is torn off...think it happened during shipping...because I looked at the auction photos again...and all the parts where still present... now it's missing one of the four support "feet"...but I have spares of those

Pictures coming later....have it outside the house airing out :haha:

ALPHA

PS. if anything this seller is fun to deal with...the comm is pretty light and funny... he is actually sending me another broken car free of charge for me to play with :D
Still haven't figured out what to put as feedback... especially since it was my bad to bid on it in the first place had a hunch it would be in "project " shape...and it was :haha: ....the stink that came with it wasn't in that plan :haha: :haha: :haha:

Any suggestions :D
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

airing it out...lol..It's good that you have spares..pics soon I hope... :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:airing it out...lol..It's good that you have spares..pics soon I hope... :thumbup:
Any Suggestions for a feedback lol... it's pretty rough...but the guy made placed no promises ..he did say it was "USED" ...and it sure was lol

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I was talking with Sassgrunt yesterday about paint schemes for the GG1
Conrail and Penn Central came into the conversation... he said he never saw the Conrail paint scheme

This one is for you Sass :thumbup:

ALPHA

PS. Penn Central is the black one in the trio (photo at top)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

One paint scheme I totally forgot about...AMTRAK

Who also ran the GG1 in black

ALPHA
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

I'd choose the black.... :D
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:I'd choose the black.... :D
That's a little easy to do don't you think Jake 8O

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Good news Jake .....24 hrs in the fresh air...and I could do some work on the GG1 and all the accompanying cars.... everything is fixed...the extra car the seller sent also came in today...so I fixed that as well....now it's a full set.....will try to have pictures up later if the weather permits...today was a little wet ...so really couldn't do much ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”