Any thoughts

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Any thoughts

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:Much better in the US, $3500 whats that about, whys that one so special, I must be missing something :S the K-Line army flat car looks nice :)

This ones for sale for £30 from a German company on e-bay, but I can't find it again :/ Don't remember who made it...
$_1.jpg
Don't know what's up with that bulldozer car.... that seller is crazy.... no car is really worth more than an engine...except maybe that baby blue girls train porthole caboose...and the Lehigh Valley porthole caboose...those go for pretty good dollars :O

That is a nice find Jake...never saw one with a Leo on it ...if it's a factory release it could really appreciate..and be something special one day.. the thing to be careful about some of those kind of novelty cars.... even though some are custom made...they really don't appreciate past what they sold for originally...especially when it comes to "O" scale... HO is a different story ... as there is a greater appreciation for custom made cars ...mostly because the ones released from factories aren't that well made ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

By the way Jake...which Ebay did you find that LEO flat on?

ALPHA
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

UK..I had another look..no luck..
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:UK..I had another look..no luck..
Could have been sold...either the time ran out or it was a buy it now...you might try looking in the "sold listings" to certify that...it was a nice one though...kind of a bummer :thumbdown:

ALPHA
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

Here you go Alpha Trading at £1.40 at mo.. :haha: just needs a bit of T.L.C....could well be my first Loco....
$_57 (2).jpg
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:Here you go Alpha Trading at £1.40 at mo.. :haha: just needs a bit of T.L.C....could well be my first Loco....

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!! :O ....There's another oldie :haha: ...but at that price how can you pass it up... it would be a fun restoration for sure :thumbup: ..has a box back boiler and everything...by god you could put Pennsy decals on it and it would look like a legit yard switcher :D

Nice find Jake...though I hate to say it... Thats "HO" so half "O" scale...still...looks like a fun loco :thumbup:
ALPHA
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

Darn it really......I liked that searchlight car, I'm gonna put a bid on the other...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

By the way Jake...some of those kits are really good...pot metal cast...very heavy...so they can pull quite the load ...you be surprised how some are worth more unbuilt... on EBAY US...there is a brand Bowser...who took molds from trix...some of their engines are commanding prices twice to three times what they originally sold for ...solid runners... I still have my Bowser T1....I devalued it stupidly by applying full skirts...leaving it alone would have been better..because most of the HO brass versions were full skirted ...Bowser's had the front open...at the time it was the only one built like that ..so thumbs down on me for that effort :thumbdown:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:Darn it really......I liked that searchlight car, I'm gonna put a bid on the other...
Noticed on the box ...HO so I changed my post...the searchlight flat is O scale ...so much much bigger...they did make one in HO...lionel and athern...but dang those suckers are collectors items so command a pretty penny :O

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

O scale = about 1/48 1/50 scale

HO scale = 1/100 close to 1/72

Rocco military stuff works well on HO :D

ALPHA

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”