Any thoughts

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Any thoughts

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Good finds Alpha, its just the postage from the States..I remember one of the members saying he got stung for $50 :O for a small package... :crazy:
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:Good finds Alpha, its just the postage from the States..I remember one of the members saying he got stung for $50 :O for a small package... :crazy:
Try getting quotes from the sellers first.... not all of them are crooks lol ;) It's also a good way to find whos friendly to worldwide purchases :D

ALPHA
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

It's a bidding war, no holds barred..for my little loco..Already up to £8.50 :haha: and theres still six days to go...seriously though people seem to like it....I thought I was going to get a bargain considering its appearance....
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:It's a bidding war, no holds barred..for my little loco..Already up to £8.50 :haha: and theres still six days to go...seriously though people seem to like it....I thought I was going to get a bargain considering its appearance....
:haha: :haha: :haha: Lay back Jake....SNIPE THAT BABY!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: ...it's really the best way if you really want something ;)
I've been involved in auctions where 15 bids went in at the 5 second mark :O ...it was a freakin adrenaline rush for sure :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HEY JAKE! How did you do? Win ...no win... gave up ? :haha:

ALPHA
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

Hey Alpha, still four days to go...at £13...at mo...If it goes above £20 I'll leave it..hey I saw your purchase on the other thread, very nice Alpha bet that set you back a few dollars... I don't pretend to know anything about them, but very cool Alpha... :D
yv6Xvg4.jpg
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:Hey Alpha, still four days to go...at £13...at mo...If it goes above £20 I'll leave it..hey I saw your purchase on the other thread, very nice Alpha bet that set you back a few dollars... I don't pretend to know anything about them, but very cool Alpha... :D
Yeah ...I was going to mention that to you...it's kind of rare to find that particular model... but it isn't worth that much ...a lot of parts missing ...so whomever wins it still has to rebuild it ...I actually found that page...looked at how the bidding went...not sure who you were...but there was one guy really pushing the bid ...usually if I see that happen ...I just watch it till the last minute...if it ends up being ridiculously high.. I let it go

Thanks for the kind word on my new acquisition...She's a real beauty ...I consider it pure luck...as I got her for little less than half the retail shipping included...I went for it because it's the kind of deal you don't get often.... The engine itself is always listed there ... not a common engine... but just because of the brand "Lionel" the prices are super high ...those rarely get picked up
That auction was good ...as I actually got to negotiate with the seller ;) ...the only thing is it wasn't "new"...as the description said...you could tell by checking the wheels that it had been run...but at the price I ended paying... thought it was still worth it and didn't make an issue out of it

Good luck on your bid Jake :thumbup:

ALPHA

PS..Noticed HO scale is bigger there than O scale...ten times more listings for HO...so even if you don't get this auction..it'll probably come around again ;)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey Jake....Look what I outsmarted myself on and won :haha: :haha: :haha:
It's really ugly to me :haha: ....but it was cheap...tried to push..and won :haha: :haha: :haha:

Guess what's going to get a custom paint job ;)

ALPHA
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

I'd happily own it....wouldn't say it was ugly...can't see much wrong with the paint job... :) be interesting to compare once you've worked your magic :P Whats the info on the train, remember me no expert......

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”