Timbered House under construction

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Timbered House under construction

Post by ALPHA »

hotte8487 wrote:
ALPHA wrote:Hotte....by god man.... a TROWEL??????????????? :O ... a DRAG MIXER?????????? :O ....you forgot the water bucket ;) ............. :haha:

ALPHA
You're right - a water bucket is still missing and some other stuff too like a mason hammer...
Okay, I'm thinking about...
I was just kidding about the bucket lol... ;) ...because if you make the bucket...you know you'll need a long hoe for mixing the mortar...and a hand palette 8O

Maybe a wheel barrow :haha:

ALPHA
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

ALPHA wrote:
hotte8487 wrote:
ALPHA wrote:Hotte....by god man.... a TROWEL??????????????? :O ... a DRAG MIXER?????????? :O ....you forgot the water bucket ;) ............. :haha:

ALPHA
You're right - a water bucket is still missing and some other stuff too like a mason hammer...
Okay, I'm thinking about...
I was just kidding about the bucket lol... ;) ...because if you make the bucket...you know you'll need a long hoe for mixing the mortar...and a hand palette 8O

Maybe a wheel barrow :haha:

ALPHA
Hi Alpha, our phantasy has no borders, but two things are needed; some time and a certain skill level to build such tools. Okay, we will see which tools are still being built.
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Tiger I early (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Now I come to my base plate; I had this already announced and so can the base plate not remain. First I started to equip the framework from below with wooden pins. The pins (again shashlik skewers) were glued and especially I've given the wood glue in a syringe with a small needle, so I could give the glue directly deep into the pin hole.
pic224.JPG
Most of them was cut off after gluing and then sanded.
pic225.JPG
Some of them were then used as guide pins, the base plate has received holes; so can I easily base plate and upper part together connects.
pic226.JPG
pic227.JPG
In the hallway I’ve already built-in floorboards; the other floors should stay raw, but for that somewhat is still missing.
At first I’ve to transfer the outline of these rooms to my base plate and then received these rectangles a coat of dispersion adhesive to cover the honeycomb structure.
pic228.JPG
This in all rooms and at my external staircase.
pic229.JPG
pic230.JPG
Thereafter have all surfaces plus the outsides receive a second coat of dispersion adhesive. After drying follows sanding and another thin coat spatula to smooth.
pic231.JPG
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Subsequently I primed all of these areas with Tamiya primer and already he is good to recognize - my unfinished floor. Pictures...
pic232.JPG
And a bit closer…
pic233.JPG
pic234.JPG
pic235.JPG
At the sides (foundation walls), I then milled into a rough field stone structure; here I am still thinking on whether I still refine or if I let it - let's see. Finally is this later barely to see.
pic236.JPG
pic237.JPG
pic238.JPG
pic239.JPG
until next time...
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Two chimneys I also wanted to build - yes two, a double and a single chimney.
I had imagined it to me so:
Both are completely finished on the ground floor; the double chimney is not yet pulled over the roof, here is the mason still working.
The single chimney has already reached the final height; it only lacks the completion as concrete ring. That's the theory.
I started at both with the end piece; at the double chimney several stones were to cut, it were needed per layer 5 whole stones and 2 three quarter stones.
pic240.JPG
As help tool I built me a wall corner - a functioning spirit level in the size I had unfortunately not at hand.
pic241.JPG
Also was the lower parts for my chimneys prefabricated. I cut several stripes from my foam plate and glued them together.
pic242.JPG
pic243.JPG
These are both rough construction parts for my first chimney.
pic244.JPG
It continued with the next chimney, the top part again first.
pic245.JPG
It follows the lower part again as rough construction.
pic246.JPG
And here both parts; the upper part already grouted.
pic247.JPG
The later installation location of my double chimney had to be also prepared; I had to complete again three timberings.
pic248.JPG
The lower parts of my chimneys were on the outer sides also repeatedly smoothed and polished as my base plate with the adhesive dispersion. Then all parts were primed and airbrushed in "wall color".
pic249.JPG
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Then the installation; first the timbering plates and then the lower chimney parts.
pic250.JPG
pic251.JPG
Finally, the upper part was glued.
pic252.JPG
pic253.JPG
The same work at my second chimney; here are the corresponding pictures.
pic254.JPG
pic255.JPG
pic256.JPG
pic257.JPG
pic258.JPG
So much to the chimneys, up soon.
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Awesome Hotte! Love all the brick work. It will be a masterpiece when you are done...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

dgsselkirk wrote:Awesome Hotte! Love all the brick work. It will be a masterpiece when you are done...
Many thanks Dean. It makes a lot of fun to build once other things as our tanks. I hope it will be one of the eye catchers at our battlefield...
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

tankman

Post by tankman »

Pure genius,. Well done indeed.
Alan
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

tankman wrote:Pure genius,. Well done indeed.
Alan
Thank you very much Alan. My report is slowly going to the end, but a few nice things will yet follow, stay curious...
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”